• Scam Alert. Members are reminded to NOT send money to buy anything. Don't buy things remote and have it shipped - go get it yourself, pay in person, and take your equipment with you. Scammers have burned people on this forum. Urgency, secrecy, excuses, selling for friend, newish members, FUD, are RED FLAGS. A video conference call is not adequate assurance. Face to face interactions are required. Please report suspicions to the forum admins. Stay Safe - anyone can get scammed.

DavidR8's shop shenanigans

This won't take long did it! lol

How will you finish the ceiling once the wiring and insulation are in?

You're going to enjoy having the heat pump. I keep my shop at around 15C in the cooler months and 22Cish in the summer.
We're putting up prefinished birch ply on the ceiling :)
I'm looking forward to cool summers and warm winters. And non rusting tools!
Do you raise the temp in summer to reduce the cooling load?

Summer time is set to 22Cish but hardly ever comes on. I bumped the insulation up to blown in R50 a couple of years ago and that helped

We installed a Daikin system in 2012 and (touch wood) haven't had any issues with it. I clean the wall unit filters when I think of it and the condenser screen at the same time, usually in the fall.

Heat pump is in!

If that thing will dehumidify, you might want a lower temp in summer to ensure that air in the condenser reaches the dew point. Can't see you complaining about too cold.

How much of your 60A does that thing eat?

If that thing will dehumidify, you might want a lower temp in summer to ensure that air in the condenser reaches the dew point. Can't see you complaining about too cold.

How much of your 60A does that thing eat?
It will dehumidify, as well as make toast and tea :)
It runs off a 15A 220V circuit but the specs say 11A draw so pretty minor.

We didn’t prune the apple tree this year :(

Nice. I had about 300 standard size apple trees at my previous place. We have only one here and it is a wild tree about 100 years old. It's on its last leg.

But I'd cut those branches as soon as the leaves fall off this fall. If you cut them now they will go wild. But if they don't get cut soon, they will rub the gravel off the shingles in the wind and also drip enriched water that will allow Algae and Moss to penetrate the backing and degrade the shingles.

Nice. I had about 300 standard size apple trees at my previous place. We have only one here and it is a wild tree about 100 years old. It's on its last leg.

But I'd cut those branches as soon as the leaves fall off this fall. If you cut them now they will go wild. But if they don't get cut soon, they will rub the gravel off the shingles in the wind and also drip enriched water that will allow Algae and Moss to penetrate the backing and degrade the shingles.
Yup it's on the Fall cleanup list :)

Nice!

But what is with the tree branch hitting the roof? That has to go ASAP!
David is in Saanich, removing leaves before they fall naturally will require an aborists report, successful passage through three readings before the committee followed by the appropriate applications made in triplicate and the issue of the appropriate permits after payment of the required fee. Of course none of this can happen till after the public consultation.

David is in Saanich, removing leaves before they fall naturally will require an aborists report, successful passage through three readings before the committee followed by the appropriate applications made in triplicate and the issue of the appropriate permits after payment of the required fee. Of course none of this can happen till after the public consultation.
Don't forget because he's in Saanich he also can't move any of the leaves faster than 30km/hr and he'll require a leash no longer than 6'.

So true!

I spent Friday and Saturday rewiring all that I had to rip out for the roof build. Took the opportunity to run 12 ga wire so I could have 20A wall plugs. Also had to cut in new boxes for the front lights as there were no boxes behind them <eyeroll/>
Should be all ready for insulation and sheeting come Monday.
Soffit is supposed to happen this week then the siding and trim can go up.

Back