• Scam Alert. Members are reminded to NOT send money to buy anything. Don't buy things remote and have it shipped - go get it yourself, pay in person, and take your equipment with you. Scammers have burned people on this forum. Urgency, secrecy, excuses, selling for friend, newish members, FUD, are RED FLAGS. A video conference call is not adequate assurance. Face to face interactions are required. Please report suspicions to the forum admins. Stay Safe - anyone can get scammed.

DavidR8's shop shenanigans

Siding is done.
And that marks the completion of the project. Fourteen working days including three days of no activity.
Amazing crew of folks.
Highly, highly recommended Zonneveld Construction and BTR Enterprises.
IMG_1566.webp
IMG_1568.webp

Last edited:
What is that weird looking door contraption at the top right of the first photo? The right side looks funny to me. Photo artifact?
House wrap. Common practice to wrap the entire building prior to cutting in windows and doors and then just peel it out of the way for installation.

Small update:
90% of the exterior of the new roof build is now painted. Gable end siding, rake boards, fascia and trim. Basically spent three days on a ladder. My neck may never recover.

Note to self: make a wiring diagram so you don't visit the pits of despair when you can't get power to the outside lights and imagine having to take down the ceiling...
Despair averted when I remembered that I powered them off the yet-to-be connected door opener plugs.

Beautiful David. Love it.
I'm pleased beyond words John. Having the attic storage is just amazing. I was out in the shop over lunch moving stuff around so I can run the other lights this evening and I was tripping over some metal stock that used to be on the wall. Pulled down the stairs and had it all stowed away upstairs in two minutes. Just fantastic.

I'm pleased beyond words John. Having the attic storage is just amazing. I was out in the shop over lunch moving stuff around so I can run the other lights this evening and I was tripping over some metal stock that used to be on the wall. Pulled down the stairs and had it all stowed away upstairs in two minutes. Just fantastic.
I'm so jealous.

Nice can you hook the pot lights up to work with a motion sensor? I have the outside garage lights with the motion sensor it shouldn’t be any different.

Back