• Scam Alert. Members are reminded to NOT send money to buy anything. Don't buy things remote and have it shipped - go get it yourself, pay in person, and take your equipment with you. Scammers have burned people on this forum. Urgency, secrecy, excuses, selling for friend, newish members, FUD, are RED FLAGS. A video conference call is not adequate assurance. Face to face interactions are required. Please report suspicions to the forum admins. Stay Safe - anyone can get scammed.

DavidR8's shop shenanigans

Still haven't done that.....our schedules didn't line up last week. I'm hoping to get it done this week, the last thing I need is two women holding drywall jobs over my head.....
That's okay, when mine caught wind of my tap mailing plan, she said, "if you can afford to do that for strangers, I must be getting something great for xmas this year!" I'd gladly take that drywall job from ya.......:rolleyes:

Just building something similar. I'm placing mine from pump to tank, that way the less water gets into the tank to start.

So pump, cooler, tank, course air/water seperator, 6L desiccant absorber, fine air water seperator, pressure regulator, airlines......tools.
I’ll likely build a post pump cooler as well.

Just building something similar. I'm placing mine from pump to tank, that way the less water gets into the tank to start.

So pump, cooler, tank, course air/water seperator, 6L desiccant absorber, fine air water seperator, pressure regulator, airlines......tools.
you uhh...do a lot of painting?

Was just reading all the "air drier" posts and , well the old farmer in me shifted into high gear old trucker for an instant and got to thinking wouldnt an old truck air drier do everything we want with just a simple in-line set-up and a twelve volt battery to energize the thing. Those air driers can keep an air system dry of moisture in the most harsh conditions we could run them in. They discharge moisture at every compressor pump up automatically and run on the trucks 12 volt system so a periodic re-charge of the battery should run the thing.

Was just reading all the "air drier" posts and , well the old farmer in me shifted into high gear old trucker for an instant and got to thinking wouldnt an old truck air drier do everything we want with just a simple in-line set-up and a twelve volt battery to energize the thing. Those air driers can keep an air system dry of moisture in the most harsh conditions we could run them in. They discharge moisture at every compressor pump up automatically and run on the trucks 12 volt system so a periodic re-charge of the battery should run the thing.
Absolutely they would. Hard to find in my neck of the woods.

You are absolutely right !... What a guy wants is the standard AD-9 Bendix air dryer. Pretty much every truck shop in north america has one on the shelf. If they don't, they might want to fire the parts managers...
I stock at my work, genuine Bendix (mostly for warranty) and a couple brands of off-shore.
The off shore ones are of course cheaply made, but if a guy isn't really diligent with maintenance, they're the preferred way to go.
Once the compressor starts passing oil, the air dryer is more or less kaput. Engine oil and dessicant don't mix very well.
But a few years back, Bendix introduced the Puragaurd flters, which trap oil, and keep it from getting into the tanks and plumbing.
The off shores we sell for less than 250 bucks. Average life span is about 2 years on the cartridge.
A true Bendix puragaurd cartridge is over 100. But the $$ spent there, saves your butt later on.
Ya got me thinking History...If anyone wants more details...let me know...I'll see what I can come up for a package setup

Back