Contemplating a trip to Alberta (Calgary) to pick up a project.........

6.5 Fan

Ultra Member
Premium Member
I'm loving it a little less today due to the blizzard we are in the middle of. Visibility is about 50 -60 yards and that is in my yard protected by some scraggley caragana trees.

Dusty

(Bill)
Premium Member
I'm loving it a little less today due to the blizzard we are in the middle of. Visibility is about 50 -60 yards and that is in my yard protected by some scraggley caragana trees.

How is the heard fairing with all this are they well protected from the elements?

6.5 Fan

Ultra Member
Premium Member
Yup we put out wind breaks this morning for the girls. That was fun in the howling wind, 30ft long and 8ft high on steel skids, they like to slide on the snow. :(

kevin.decelles

Jack of all trades -- Master of none
Premium Member
I drove through Sask twice over the past month.... last trip we counted 25+ deer strikes between the AB border and Regina. Lots of carnage -- which is odd since you can see them coming for 15 miles in any direction :)

historicalarms

Ultra Member
I drove through a herd of at least 40 antelope in the middle of the night one time with a Kenworth & pot loaded full of cows...I was standing on the brake pedal, pulling on the trailer brake handle and hitting all 3 jake heads at the same time....and they parted like the red sea, I didnt touch a hair....just $hithouse luck, not a bit of good management at all.

Chicken lights

Forum Pony Express Driver
I drove through a herd of at least 40 antelope in the middle of the night one time with a Kenworth & pot loaded full of cows...I was standing on the brake pedal, pulling on the trailer brake handle and hitting all 3 jake heads at the same time....and they parted like the red sea, I didnt touch a hair....just $hithouse luck, not a bit of good management at all.
I heard this on the CB one night so take it with a grain of salt. Bullhaulers don’t go over many scales and if they do the DOT usually leaves them alone. But I guess this guy had a load of fats in the wagon and crossed a scale. Scale master pulled him around back, and once inside said he was too heavy on the trailer axles but he was ok on his gross. With as straight of a face as possible the driver said “Sir, I just load them on the trailer, I don’t tell them where to stand” :D
Apparently the scale master laughed so hard he let him go with no ticket