Contemplating a trip to Alberta (Calgary) to pick up a project.........

YYCHM

(Craig)
Premium Member
Hey Guys, @RobinHood has offered up the use of his BIG shop (in Chestermere) to stage a meet and greet for Brent (Thanks Rudy). Brent thinks that would work for him. So far the the time frame is sometime Nov 29/30. So we have a plan A. More details as Brent gets closer to Calgary.

Dusty

(Bill)
Premium Member
@Brent H, I'm not allowed to drive my vehicle with my lame knee/leg so I couldn't intercept your vehicle while passing by Moose Jaw on the Trans-Canada. Best I can do is from home so beep your horn loud and I'll wave madly. LOL

Be advised: while skirting around MJ on the trans-can watch your speed as the fuzz (police) installed photo radar in that area a real cash cow for the city. Same thing either side of Swift Current so play safe out there and drive careful our highways are deadly with much more winter to come.

Dusty

(Bill)
Premium Member
Hey Guys, members planning to attend Brent's meet and greet, please a post a LIKE on this post so that I can get a grasp on numbers and who needs location details.

Thanks,

Craig

Hey Craig, would have thought more members would have jumped on the band wagon perhaps it's because they don't know when the meet and greet is going to happen? Wish I could attend because Brent and his son deserve our western hospitality like anyone else. Just saying!

YYCHM

(Craig)
Premium Member
Hey Craig, would have thought more members would have jumped on the band wagon perhaps it's because they don't know when the meet and greet is going to happen? Wish I could attend because Brent and his son deserve our western hospitality like anyone else. Just saying!

As it stands, some time the 29th or 30th of Nov in Chestermere. Was mentioned in a previous post.

Hacker

Super User
Hey Guys, @RobinHood has offered up the use of his BIG shop (in Chestermere) to stage a meet and greet for Brent (Thanks Rudy). Brent thinks that would work for him. So far the the time frame is sometime Nov 29/30. So we have a plan A. More details as Brent gets closer to Calgary.
Hello Craig and Rudy,

Thanks for the update and a thanks to Rudy for hosting. I am definitely interested in attending. Let me know if I can contribute or bring anything.

Hruul

Lee - metalworking novice
Congrats on the Car purchase @Brent H and safe travels. I assume from what I have seen you are going through Canada. If you went through the states you would also need to get a covid test to come back into Canada, not to go down I believe.

Susquatch

Ultra Member
Administrator
Premium Member
@Hruul : yes, I plan to avoid un-necessary expenses as much as possible. It will be a Canada run so I can dole out a bunch of money to the gas stations and tax people in Canada.

Your sense of humour totally cracks me up! :D

But it is true....... :mad:

Chicken lights

Forum Pony Express Driver
If you need to stop and stretch-
Old Woman Bay
Agauson Falls by Terrace Bay
Kakapeka Falls by Thunder Bay
The Terry fox memorial by Thunder Bay
The Mennonite museum in Steinbach MB

I can’t think of anything in Saskatchewan, maybe try to see the one tree that they have? :D
The grain elevators are cool

historicalarms

Ultra Member
Yup....better lift yer leg before leaving Manitoba, there was one tree in southern Sask until the NWMP troop went by in 1800's....it was poisoned long before the last trooper in line even used it. Actually not much for trees n Ab. until your real close to Chestermere.

Chip Maker

Super User
Old Woman Bay

I can’t think of anything in Saskatchewan, maybe try to see the one tree that they have? :D
Don't forget the donut shop in Longlac or the spaceship in Moonbeam! lol

Susquatch

Ultra Member
Administrator
Premium Member
Old Woman Bay

So the thing about Saskatchewan is that it really isn't about trees and elevators or a horizon that never comes. It's about stars that touch the ground. Prairie grass that smells like heaven, sloughs (ponds) filled with a million ducks, world record deer, farms as big as small cities, girls with long legs and "just kiss me stupid" smiles, guys that will hug you just for the hell of it, home made Durham Wheat bread, and real winters that make you know that you are alive cuz every bone in your body is screaming at you.

I love Saskatchewan.

Besides that, we are talking about an interprovincial traveler who stares at the ice in superior for weeks on end...... I think he can handle Saskatchewan.

Brent H

Ultra Member
Well, it will be a 6 hour drive across and a 6 hour drive back across - probably dark as well. But thanks for the warning @Susquatch about the long legged kissing girls.....and the dudes that hug you for no reason. I would not want to hit any of them crossing the road. Hopefully there are those yellow signs where they like to cross :D

Dusty

(Bill)
Premium Member
Well, it will be a 6 hour drive across and a 6 hour drive back across - probably dark as well. But thanks for the warning @Susquatch about the long legged kissing girls.....and the dudes that hug you for no reason. I would not want to hit any of them crossing the road. Hopefully there are those yellow signs where they like to cross :D

Hey Brent, don't allow those yellow deer crossing signs confuse you into thinking the road is safe in between signs. The rut has started across the prairies, by the time you venture west it should be in full bloom which simply translates into sex starved does and horny bucks are out on the prowl 24-7. Highways with speeding vehicles don't deter said animals this time of year, and yes there are moose so it's a mixed bag just waiting for the inattentive driver. Drive carefully and save our wild animals. Just saying!

Neglected to add our Antelope often seen from Moose Jaw heading west. They mill along the Trans-Canada fence line then zoom out in groups, sometimes the whole dang heard.

Last edited: