• Scam Alert. Members are reminded to NOT send money to buy anything. Don't buy things remote and have it shipped - go get it yourself, pay in person, and take your equipment with you. Scammers have burned people on this forum. Urgency, secrecy, excuses, selling for friend, newish members, FUD, are RED FLAGS. A video conference call is not adequate assurance. Face to face interactions are required. Please report suspicions to the forum admins. Stay Safe - anyone can get scammed.
  • The 2026 Calgary Area Meetup is set for Saturday May 30th at 10am. The signup thread is here! Robinhood has graciously offered to host the meetup again this year. Please note that you MUST RSVP to the notice linked above if you wish to come.

Calgary & area meet up Spring 2026.

Oh, I dunno about that. I think that anything that broadens one's range of experience can only make one a better judge.

Consider the complementary argument: How can one claim that something doesn't taste like ass juice unless...
 
Consider the complementary argument: How can one claim that something doesn't taste like ass juice unless...

It's a bogus argument not a complimentary one. A credible judge does not compare anything to something they have never tasted. Ass juice should not even be mentioned. Mentioning it as a comparative is cause for immediate disqualification.
 
It's a bogus argument not a complimentary one. A credible judge does not compare anything to something they have never tasted. Ass juice should not even be mentioned. Mentioning it as a comparative is cause for immediate disqualification.
Well the comparison is effective enough to make me never want to taste the beer even tho I can't claim I know what ass juice tastes like.


When I was in university Extra Old Stock was pretty much our go-to
When I too was in school Old Keefe's Extra Old Stock was one of my favorites. A couple of the girls that hung with me at the time had a favorite game they would play. When I offered an Extra Old Stock to another guy the girls would watch his face to see if he would grimace on his first drink. If he did "he wasn't a real man".
I remember Extra Old Stock being labeled as 6.5% alcohol.
 
I don’t remember what descent beer tastes like, been on the no gluten diet for quite some time. Yeah, I know, there is gluten free beer, I think I have maybe found one that tastes fairly good, but it has taken a while and there have been lots poured down the drain. It’s kind of simple, if you would not consider a second one after you had one, either it was a “large container of” or it’s not worth drinking. Some of them, didn’t make it past the first 3 sipps.
I’ve made it to this old, I don’t have to drink some garbage just cause there’s alcohol in it. Oh, and maybe I have half an idea when to stop now! LOL, lol, LOL, YEAH, rite!!
 
"old Stock, to me back in my "lets drink anything" days was beer that had been hidden in an old culvert by someone else for more that 3 months ( you could tell by packaging deterioration) ... "The good stuff" was only weeks old.
Your culverts must have been much cooler than mine. If you stashed it Saturday night it was skunky by Monday at noon.
Or maybe you just had better beer.
 
our culverts must have been much cooler than mine. If you stashed it Saturday night it was skunky by Monday at noon.
Or maybe you just had better beer.
We just weren't fussy after all ours was drank up.
You had beer leftover from Saturday night? Amateurs.
That "aged culvert beer" was always someone else's that prob got drunk & forgot where they stashed it....When we run out we were like badgers, checking every culvert in the vicinity.... old beer worked just as good on girls clothes as new beer😉
 
Wow ! Nattys . Mr. Boh still hangs high in Baltimore . I saw him every night for 15 years out the window of Lever Brothers .
1775661495277.png
 
Wow ! Nattys . Mr. Boh still hangs high in Baltimore . I saw him every night for 15 years out the window of Lever Brothers.

I have absolutely zero knowledge or understanding of what you are talking about.

Nattys - men's underwear
Naughties - lady's underwear
Mr Boh - bull we had once
Baltimore - loser hockey team
 
"old Stock, to me back in my "lets drink anything" days was beer that had been hidden in an old culvert by someone else for more that 3 months ( you could tell by packaging deterioration) ... "The good stuff" was only weeks old.

I have no experience with culvert hooch. I did, though, find a pretty decent (and nearly full) bottle of tequila in the Fresno Reservoir in Montana a few years back. The water level fluctuates a lot down there over the summer, so it was probably higher when its PO stored (or lost) it in there, and lower when I found it (perhaps years later) while beaching a cat.
 
Back
Top