@PeterT & @jcdammeyer and everyone else following along. I hear you loud and clear.
Here is where I am now. I was able to figure out how to slice and cut the big collet tray. But it was a crappy process. I couldn't accurately place cut lines, or extend things like chamfers, or add bottoms to the trays. To do that, I will need to use CAD. I'm not really worried about doing that. It should be relatively simple. But it isn't going to work in the Bambu Studio. So the big collet tray is currently on hold while I do other things on my learning curve.
So I am going to find something else to practice on with Studio, and then go to CAD to design the big 5C Tray.
In the meantime, I am printing a small 2x4 tray to sit in my lathe splash pan where I normally keep a half dozen collets anyway. It is already half done as I write this.

I also had my first problem. I loaded the collet tray model, made some changes, and pressed go. I clean forgot to remove the filament prime line from the previous print. So I had to run out to the shop and pray that it didn't crash. It didn't, and I safely removed it before the print actually started.
@jcdammeyer - those little dessicant Trays you made for inside the AMS won't work. That area of my AMS has filament guide tubes in it. I think my best bet is to put something up front between the filament motor drives. This could be three relatively small dessicant boxes say 1.75w x 1.25d x 3.0h. I'll do a 3D prototype out of wood on my table saw to check that..... LOL! The problem I see is making the mesh on all sides to allow air in and out. How do you guys do that mesh?
Here is where I am now. I was able to figure out how to slice and cut the big collet tray. But it was a crappy process. I couldn't accurately place cut lines, or extend things like chamfers, or add bottoms to the trays. To do that, I will need to use CAD. I'm not really worried about doing that. It should be relatively simple. But it isn't going to work in the Bambu Studio. So the big collet tray is currently on hold while I do other things on my learning curve.
So I am going to find something else to practice on with Studio, and then go to CAD to design the big 5C Tray.
In the meantime, I am printing a small 2x4 tray to sit in my lathe splash pan where I normally keep a half dozen collets anyway. It is already half done as I write this.

I also had my first problem. I loaded the collet tray model, made some changes, and pressed go. I clean forgot to remove the filament prime line from the previous print. So I had to run out to the shop and pray that it didn't crash. It didn't, and I safely removed it before the print actually started.
@jcdammeyer - those little dessicant Trays you made for inside the AMS won't work. That area of my AMS has filament guide tubes in it. I think my best bet is to put something up front between the filament motor drives. This could be three relatively small dessicant boxes say 1.75w x 1.25d x 3.0h. I'll do a 3D prototype out of wood on my table saw to check that..... LOL! The problem I see is making the mesh on all sides to allow air in and out. How do you guys do that mesh?







