Yipeee... Got my second Covid shot today......

DPittman

Ultra Member
Premium Member
Nothing so far...... We've had Pfizer for all three shots.
Yup ditto here also. I've heard from someone that the booster laid them back a bit for a couple of days but I think for many it doesn't amount to much.

I've never really known any different but....
I still feel privileged and thankful when I get a vaccination (for free on top of it) and go into a grocery store and see all the selection and choice available to me.

And I feel really freaking thankful for my metal working shop time and hobby!

Susquatch

Ultra Member
Administrator
Premium Member
I still feel privileged and thankful when I get a vaccination (for free on top of it)

I do too. As my daughter likes to remind me, we are all very lucky people here in Canada. There are millions of people all over the world who would give everything to have our worst day for the rest of their entire life.

But, don't kid yourself about it being free. You and I will be paying for all this for the rest of our lives and our kids will still be paying for it long after we are gone.

DPittman

Ultra Member
Premium Member
I do too. As my daughter likes to remind me, we are all very lucky people here in Canada. There are millions of people all over the world who would give everything to have our worst day for the rest of their entire life.

But, don't kid yourself about it being free. You and I will be paying for all this for the rest of our lives and our kids will still be paying for it long after we are gone.
Yes I know we are paying for it somehow just like any other service or privilege a government administers, but it is free in the sense that one does not have to choose between groceries/rent or a vaccination. And I just deleted a couple of other lines to make sure I/we don't get too political or philosophical.

Tom Kitta

Ultra Member
Availability of booster in AB is now 18+ - it used to be 50 plus or health care worker but I just got email that every adult is now eligible starting today. I wait till I am few weeks before some trip or major event to get the booster - so far you can only get it every 6 months. Vaccine strength after 6 months drops severely, not that even 2 weeks after it is "very effective" (you are at most as protected against latest variant as unvaccinated person vs flu - and that is after 2 weeks by 6 months you are same as unvaccinated vs. original covid). I lost count how infectious is latest variant vs. flu - but we are close to the "if you can see infected person you will get sick if unvaccinated" area.

As for Canadian health care don't think its that great. When I was in Pakistan this year everyone around me was vaccinated who wanted to be and Covid test not only was more then 5x cheaper it was also much faster, more convenient (they go to you) and there was an offer for just 6h test. And we are talking about deep 3rd world.

I am scared for autumn 2022 - if it becomes even more infectious ... we better get ready for everyone on Earth to get sick & better get these drugs ready. Mother nature found a solution to global warming & to human over population.

Susquatch

Ultra Member
Administrator
Premium Member
And I just deleted a couple of other lines to make sure I/we don't get too political or philosophical.

Hahaha! I do that all the time too! I like that we don't get too political or fanatical here.....

Dabbler

ersatz engineer
Our first 2 were pfizer, and our booster was Moderna. The booster got us both - I was down for a day, which really surprised me.

Dusty

(Bill)
Premium Member
Nothing available here in Ontario until later January - stuff booked through the roof.

Off to do my “Essential Federal Duty” over Christmas without a booster - not impressed

If booster jab bookings are that hard to obtain you likely won't be the only sailor on the crew doing without.

Wife and I received our booster jabs Friday morning, stood outside with a light west wind for 25 minutes before gong inside the building.

Bit of a sore arm for 24 hours similar to our other pfizer jabs.

Cold enough to freeze the balls off a brass monkey.

DPittman

Ultra Member
Premium Member
If booster jab bookings are that hard to obtain you likely won't be the only sailor on the crew doing without.

Wife and I received our booster jabs Friday morning, stood outside with a light west wind for 25 minutes before gong inside the building.

Bit of a sore arm for 24 hours similar to our other pfizer jabs.

Cold enough to freeze the balls off a brass monkey.
Just waiting in a cold line like that is enough to make a fellow sick.

Susquatch

Ultra Member
Administrator
Premium Member
Cold enough to freeze the balls off a brass monkey

This is an interesting saying. I believe this refers to cannon balls. They used to be stored on a stand where they could be stacked for access during battle. The stand was called a brass monkey. It had to be fairly sturdy to keep the balls in place in rough seas. The saying comes from the fact that extreme cold would contract the assembly enough to have the balls fall off.

Or so I've heard.