• Spring 2024 meetup in Calgary - tentative date Saturday, April 20/2024. Other regions are also discussing meet ups. If you want one in your area get going on organizing it! discussion
  • We are having email/registration problems again. Diagnosis is underway. New users sorry if you are having trouble getting registered. We are exploring different options to get registered. Contact the forum via another member or on facebook if you're stuck. Update -> we think it is fixed. Let us know if not.
  • Spring meet up in Ontario, April 6/2024. NEW LOCATION See Post #31 Discussion NEW LOCATION

Yipeee... Got my second Covid shot today......

DPittman

Ultra Member
Premium Member
Not sever at all, a bit of an itch for an hour or so. The strange thing about them is that they mostly only appear in the morning within 1/2 hr of getting up and disappear by noon. They have been diminishing in volume & size since about the fourth day....today only 3 0r 4 small ones the size of a dime.
Have had much worse from swimming in an Algae infested local slough hole when I was a kid.
Very interesting.
I felt like I got hit by a bus the day after my shot but now today I think I'm 95% better.

francist

Super User
Huh, interesting. I don’t think we have any of those here in B.C, at least I haven’t seen any. Got my second Pfizer yesterday morning.

-f

YotaBota

Mike
Premium Member
We joined the 2shot (Phizer) club this morning. Still going to keep the mask and hand sanitizer going for a while, don't trust the variants going around.

combustable herbage

Ultra Member
Premium Member
I had my second on Monday Moderna bit of sore arm on tuesday with a bit of headache and fever, I wasn't suffering but I just didn't feel right.
It should have been a good day but unfortunately I learned that one of my colleagues had passed away from a heart attack on Saturday and died at the age of 52 so sudden, really makes you think.

Brent H

Ultra Member
@combustable herbage - condolences on the loss of your friend. I am at that age - my Father passed away at 52 as well - not great.

My wife and I got the Moderna second shot on Tuesday. Same reaction I guess as @combustable herbage - sore arm - my wife had the chills and such. I had work to do so just plowed through - it was 30° C in the shop so I don’t know if I had a fever or just sweated a lot. Swam in the pool later in the day to cool off.

Susquatch

Ultra Member
Administrator
Premium Member
There's one thing I learned as a married trucker....there's nothing like sex you can fall so far behind on, but catch up so quick on...ever been tripped at the door & beat to the floor????

Regularly. That's partly why we will be married 50 years this coming December. Sorry to burst your bubble but the phenomena has nothing to do with driving a truck. It might be related to your machinery skills though......

Then again, I do drive a tractor! Maybe you are onto something there......

Susquatch

Ultra Member
Administrator
Premium Member
My bride and I both have two doses of the Phizer behind us. Neither of us had anything beyond a tender shoulder for either dose. We felt like the hype about reactions was overdone.

Unfortunately, I don't think the vaccine will save us. Between new varients, anti-vaxers, and stupid governments, I expect we will all be running from Covid for a long while yet.

I just read that new hospitalizations are overwhelmingly non-vaccinated people.

Me? I'm looking forward to my first varient booster shot!

Dusty

(Bill)
Premium Member
Hey Susquatch, we humans are all wired differently so that what upsets one body might not mess around with another's. Good to hear the boss and you received your stabs many haven't or simply don't want it. Just saying!

DPittman

Ultra Member
Premium Member
I had my second on Monday Moderna bit of sore arm on tuesday with a bit of headache and fever, I wasn't suffering but I just didn't feel right.
It should have been a good day but unfortunately I learned that one of my colleagues had passed away from a heart attack on Saturday and died at the age of 52 so sudden, really makes you think.
Congratulations on your second shot but sorry to hear about your colleague. I too am 52 and have had 2 heart attacks myself already starting at age 42 so yes we never know and it's always good to be thankful and appreciative and each day we have. I'm often not very good at that yet but try a bit harder each day.

combustable herbage

Ultra Member
Premium Member
many haven't or simply don't want it. Just saying!
I hear you Bill I am living with one, originally last year I was hesitant about the vaccine originally in a normal way mainly because of my lack of education on the subject but as time went on I came to realize getting it would be the best option and our best path back to a normal life and millions of test subjects ahead of me. I know if I push it will go the other way so I have done what I can do, get myself and my daughter 2 doses and that will reduce the risk of bringing it home, and then see if there is a change in choice.

combustable herbage

Ultra Member
Premium Member
I too am 52 and have had 2 heart attacks myself already starting at age 42 so yes we never know and it's always good to be thankful and appreciative and each day we have. I'm often not very good at that yet but try a bit harder each day.

Thanks for the condolences we had a similar situation a few years ago he was 56 so it feels like all over again and it wasn't fun the first time.
Sorry to hear of your heart problems that is very scary for me I walk over an hour most every day have lost over 30 lbs trying to eat better (except when I get the munchies) and reduce stress and take time for myself and now I have no alcohol for 7 months and I feel great, maybe better than I have since I was a kid, I feel these sad events have to be a lesson have to motivate me to not let this happen to me, I see too much of a bright future I see too many things I want to do and see and enjoy. I have come a long way in being thankful and appreciative and empathetic, like you these have been a struggle for me. After 50 I feel we have more time to take care of ourselves and become healthy again because before that there is just too much "life" for us to spend the time on ourselves.

Susquatch

Ultra Member
Administrator
Premium Member
I know too many people who got covid and died. It's a nasty way to go.

We both got our boosters around two weeks ago. Very happy.

On Friday, we were supposed to pick up two grandkids but we were both experiencing flu symptoms and had been out and about two days before. We felt ok that day, but we decided to do a rapid test just to be safe out of an abundance of caution. Neither of us would ever forgive ourselves if we passed covid onto any of our grandkids. The test was easy peasy and thankfully negative. The first two kids went home yesterday happy, worn out, and healthy. Three more grandkids arrived today. It's a nice feeling to know that we have done the best that we can for ourselves and our grandkids too.

Johnwa

Ultra Member
I got a Moderna booster on Friday. My first 2 were pfizer but the local pharmacy ran out of Pfizer. Arm was a bit sore but nothing else. The wife is a month away from hers.