• Scam Alert. Members are reminded to NOT send money to buy anything. Don't buy things remote and have it shipped - go get it yourself, pay in person, and take your equipment with you. Scammers have burned people on this forum. Urgency, secrecy, excuses, selling for friend, newish members, FUD, are RED FLAGS. A video conference call is not adequate assurance. Face to face interactions are required. Please report suspicions to the forum admins. Stay Safe - anyone can get scammed.

Tips/Techniques Workshop Organization- things that have made a difference for you

Tips/Techniques
I meant when you compare them with the ‘dough-head’ on the radio ‘call-in’.

Ah yes. Sorry I misunderstood. I agree with that.

I think the normal first reaction to that caller would be to think it's a deliberate joke.

Sadly, I don't think that it is.

Being on the shore of Lake Erie, we have a constant churn of new neighbours from the big city (Toronto, Ottawa, London, etc.). They don't understand animals or farming or even nature. They think Bambi & Thumper are buddies, talk to each other, read books, and die of old age. They don't like farmers using pesticides, fertilizer, or spreading manure. They drank Walt Disney's coolaide. They think farmers are all stupid and we all need to change all the rules to be more like the rules in Toronto. Very few come here wanting to become one of us and adopt a true country lifestyle. They want us to change to think and act like them instead.

Being on the shore of Lake Erie, we have a constant churn of new neighbours from the big city (Toronto, Ottawa, London, etc.). They don't understand animals or farming or even nature. They think Bambi & Thumper are buddies, talk to each other, read books, and die of old age. They don't like farmers using pesticides, fertilizer, or spreading manure. They drank Walt Disney's coolaide. They think farmers are all stupid and we all need to change all the rules to be more like the rules in Toronto. Very few come here wanting to become one of us and adopt a true country lifestyle. They want us to change to think and act like them instead.

Don't get me started on how they are with animals in the city. As a boy who came off the farm, it strikes me as insane

Back