Golem Pens
Michael
That's specific bit I was wondering about!I shimmed the the nut so the angle part was horizontal in the vise
That's specific bit I was wondering about!I shimmed the the nut so the angle part was horizontal in the vise
That's specific bit I was wondering about!
I guess I could hand grind the head (no mill or anything)
Or you could ask a local with a mill...Clever! I don't have an endmill though. I suspect the necessary tooling to do that right would end up costing more than a new bolt 😉
This, I have done, and it works well, I used a little level to make the 90° changes...... getting that first flat in the right place is the challenge. 🙄 😉 😛Or you could chuck an endmill in the lathe, put the bolt in the toolpost and use the lathe to "mill" four flats in the bolt head. Be even better if you had a boring bar holder the same diameter as the bolt threads. But you can also sleeve the boring bar holder to get the same result.
Clever! I don't have an endmill though. I suspect the necessary tooling to do that right would end up costing more than a new bolt 😉
Cost benefit analysis on whether or not a machining project should be attempted on this forum is nearly approaching heresy.Clever! I don't have an endmill though. I suspect the necessary tooling to do that right would end up costing more than a new bolt 😉
Sacrifices have to be made, by everyone involved.I'll buy a mill when y'all buy me a house with a bigger garage
Sounds like a millennial.I'll buy a mill when y'all buy me a house with a bigger garage
Agreed...... much more of this kind of dissension and we may need to review his membership. 😱 🙄 😛Cost benefit analysis on whether or not a machining project should be attempted on this forum is nearly approaching heresy.
Sounds like you need a mill
Don't forget. He has both a metal lathe and a wood lathe. That ups his points level....Agreed...... much more of this kind of dissension and we may need to review his membership. 😱 🙄 😛
Don't threaten me with a good time 😉Agreed...... much more of this kind of dissension and we may need to review his membership. 😱 🙄 😛
You're one of them " stick and stones may break my bones, but whips and chains excite me" types are ya?🙄Don't threaten me with a good time 😉