Actually the most relevant reason for changing equipment & caliber sizing during the war was so shit wasnt usable by the "other side" when captured on the battlefield.That sounds like the change to nut and bolt head sizes during WW2, done to save metal for the war effort. Suddenly all the correct size wrenches became loose ! A 20 mm AF should be a good size. 😎
The most Canadian story from WW1 was tossing cans of food into the German trenches and then after awhile switching to grenades 😀Actually the most relevant reason for changing equipment & caliber sizing during the war was so shit wasnt usable by the "other side" when captured on the battlefield.
Ye ol’ Thumbwheel.Actually the most relevant reason for changing equipment & caliber sizing during the war was so shit wasnt usable by the "other side" when captured on the battlefield.
Adjustable wrench...the most usable & convenient tool ever invented .
Rats. I went down and checked all my wrenches. Looks like I don't belong to the 25/32 club. Time to hit the surplus stores... just because...25/32, so that’s what size this & the change gear nuts are. Who knew, not me, never used this end of the wrench before. Or that size.
Purchased @ a pawn shop for the 3/4 box on the other end.
Put the serial # in for U history buffs, 1936 SB9 (pre C), my main lathe.
Bad news. The local ReStore shop had lots of surplus wrenches but none in the x/32 so not yet able to join that exclusive club.Rats. I went down and checked all my wrenches. Looks like I don't belong to the 25/32 club. Time to hit the surplus stores... just because...
Well gee John, if it was going to be that easy it wouldn't be a very exclusive club then would it? However, you get an automatic nomination for the presidency of the club if you hand forge your own..... 😉Bad news. The local ReStore shop had lots of surplus wrenches but none in the x/32 so not yet able to join that exclusive club.
Are you the local president of the Rogaine hair club for men? 🙄We
Well gee John, if it was going to be that easy it wouldn't be a very exclusive club then would it? However, you get an automatic nomination for the presidency of the club if you hand forge your own..... 😉
Just like that. Only, not digital this time. 🙄Like this?
View attachment 85486
Since I don't really need one and the handle needs support filament underneath I can't really 3D print one although the thought crossed my mind. And I have nothing that actually needs that size of wrench.Just like that. Only, not digital this time. 🙄
Or, you could talk nicely to the guy with half a dozen or so spare tailstock wrenches. 😛
@Chicken lights ..... you could take a lesson here. 😉😛😀
View attachment 85487
Kidding of course, I completely respect your service to our little community here moving heavy things from a to b on the sly such as you do. Hopefully we'll manage a cup o' joe before our time comes to pass. .......
I've driven from Nisku to Stettler for coffee before fuel prices went stupid, so don't rule it out. Although BC/Victoria might have to be a flight and rental car. Victoria would be one of the last places in Canada I haven't beenKidding of course, I completely respect your service to our little community here moving heavy things from a to b on the sly such as you do. Hopefully we'll manage a cup o' joe before our time comes to pass. .......
Beer can shims.So nobody’s tried using a feeler gauge to take up the slop just saying if all else fails improvise.
Beer can shims.