Not Available
Well-Known Member
What is that blue material you are turning?
Anyway, we've got chips!
Alumilite resin - 95% of what I turn hahWhat is that blue material you are turning?
Well if that discredits me I should leave now 😛Woooo Hoooo!
I'm not sure that plastic chips count! But since you make Pens I think I'll just ignore that little nuance!
Chips they are!
Well if that discredits me I should leave now 😛
Extremely want to try some metal pens too though
If my taps and dies can handle it, and I can figure out the shaping properly, heck yes.Nah, just havin fun with ya.
But please do try a metal pen.
https://bulletbouquets.com/products...0x9fkduAlWTXlxHlpFhDKa&variant=41666193621170If my taps and dies can handle it, and I can figure out the shaping properly, heck yes.
Not quiiiite my jam. Friend of mine is doing sick stuff with gem bronze
Looks great! Something amazing about the old SB lathes.Same video as before, just with appropriate music

I don't, but AXA mounted seems like a great idea!Do you have a 3D printer or access to one?
The attached stl is for an AXA DI holder. Works great....
View attachment 74673
I have a dial indicator but no way to mount it on this lathe yet 😛
More indicators, DTI, a micrometer, some mounts... What else do I need haha
If you have an indicator and just want a holder, the best bang for the buck in my opinion is a NOGA holder with the dual adjustments and a magnetic base. The base will attach to your tool post or cross slide or gearbox, or bed.
I don't, but AXA mounted seems like a great idea!