I don't, but AXA mounted seems like a great idea!
Maybe @DavidR8 or @jcdammeyer can help you with the 3D printing.
I don't, but AXA mounted seems like a great idea!
If you don't have a use for them I'll take them off your hands! Will shoot you a message.I have an axa dial indicator holder printed outside if you'd like it I can throw it in the mail.
I also have a 3d printed v way mounted indicator holder for a SB if you'd like that as well.
Neither of them do me any good anymore so PM me your address if you want them for free.
I alsooo have a fresh copy of SB how to run a lathe, with all the original documentation / receipt / hand written letter from SB all vaccum sealed for my old 1936ish model C. If you want that I can send it as well. It's probably pretty periodish correct for your lathe.
I was starting to put a little shopping list together, I'll run it by the hivemind when i have it 😉It is a great idea. You need one like that too.
It can't do the same things as the noga I mentioned above but it's a terrific way to go if all you need is 90 degrees runout measurements. It won't do spindle tapers or top measurements.
You really need both.
And we haven't yet mentioned the need for a Dial Test Indicator too.
Curious on why the metric micrometer?
Exactly. Dealing with these Imperial dials on the cross and compound feeds is going to do me in 😉
I think he means 25.4-50.8-76.2 blocks.What do you need 1-2-3 blocks for?
We have base 10 at home!
I think he means 25.4-50.8-76.2 blocks.
they are usually 25-50-75mm - so you can regrind an out of tolerance 1-2-3 into a 25-50-75 if so inclined.Too funny! But also a Great Point! I've never seen the metric equivalent of 1 2 3 blocks. What would they be? 1x2x3 meters? Damn big blocks! 1 2 3 cm blocks? Damn small blocks!
Yeah I was wondering how well regarded or not digital ones are!just buy one micrometer then, only a little more $ than both and can have switch between units on the fly.
https://www.amazon.ca/Mitutoyo-293-340-30-Micrometer-Resolution-Specifications/dp/B00MBHXWGY/
I bought this as a treat to myself. Not regretting it. I did regret the cheap one I bought initially.