I obviously missed that enhancement. Thanks for mentioning.If you zip the file you can upload any format.
My gut feel is yes. The magnet attachment on my dial back is pretty chunky, like the picture in #241. About the full 2" diameter of dial and +0.25 thick. It sticks pretty good on my lathe bed but I have had similar sized magnets on other hardware that are very weak for the same magnet volume so obviously come in different strengths. I've noticed much the same with smaller 'fridge' magnets. Supposedly cast iron has about the same magnetic properties as steel so maybe its being influnced by the Bondo & paint. Anyway easy enough to try some test prints with various thickness or stackups.I changed the magnet holes to fit two 18x3mm magnets in each. I think it probably needs more magnet strength.
I have been doing similar for years, Chep had several videos years ago on making tags.. Due to the letters being raised you can pause at height in your slicer. Then with a single color printer change from the base color to the letter color. I make Christmas tags this way. I put the date on them and the kids really like to collect them. They can be very thin. It is a great way to make tags for organizing stuff as the tags can be stuck on with double sided tape and or hot glue. Then if you don't need it take em off. I made some for a bunch of friends tool boxes to organize their drawers. Another way to print tags with out pausing or having dual color is to use mixed color filament and fill in the bed with tags, as the filament color changes by length the tags do as well and it can lead to some color change by height.just watching Alexander Chapppel's "Everything I know about 3D printing" . While he can be a bit much to take in, this video is chock full of very practical advice for 3D printing. It has an index!
One gem is his Label Maker, you get 3D print files for labeling parts boxes of various sizes. You keep Adding to Plate until you fill the bed plate, then print them all in 2 colours. Raised or Recessed lettering. Very thin so not a lot of printing time. It helps of course if you have a dual nozzle printer, I will be testing this out on my X2D. Also a great way to use up the last 3m of filament on a spool 🙂
Very cool! What kind of infill percentage did you use?Timkercad to draw it up. Printed a tpu foot for the angle part of the floor by our wash machine.
TPU is kind of amazing. Feels like it should fall apart the next day but lasts forever.Timkercad to draw it up. Printed a tpu foot for the angle part of the floor by our wash machine.