Welding carts & compressed gases

Doggggboy

Ultra Member
All you fancy boys are going to make me feel bad;)
Less than 10 bucks each at PA for furniture dollies.
Screw the base down and run some ready wrap around the bottles to secure them to the welder..
This is a step up from the shopping cart I used to use.

Attachments

• PXL_20220211_221817603.jpg
    PXL_20220211_221817603.jpg
    477.1 KB · Views: 17

Dan Dubeau

Ultra Member
Before I built my cart I had my tig welder on a convertible hand truck. Whatever works with what you got.

I have more than a few things in the basement up on those PA moving dollies. You can't beat the price when they go on sale. I need to pick up some more the next time I'm there.

I've been shopping online with them the past couple orders because the shipping is cheaper than driving the truck over there, and it usually saves me about $100 in buying a bunch more stuff than I initially went there for :D.

Dan Dubeau

Ultra Member
Not a bad thing, just reality lol. PA is like home depot and canadian tire. I call them all the hundred dollar store, because it doesn't matter what you innitially went for, you're not getting out of any of them without spending at least a hundred dollars lol. I call Costco the $300 dollar store.....

"I know I only came in here for a lightbulb, but while I'm here, I should go check out the.....BAM $100".

:D.

Doggggboy

Ultra Member
I miss the old Princess Auto in the 70/80s they were the place for build components
Yes.
The surplus aisle is only 5% of the store now.
Everything else is just container loads from offshore.
I remember when the catalog had used aircraft tires.

SomeGuy

Hobbyist
Here's mine:

PXL_20211108_235955449.jpg
30442988_868995430923_2169249335370317824_n.jpg

30571373_868995386013_6369438398343544832_n.jpg

Mcgyver

Ultra Member
For me, its about preservation of space. Like many, I went vertical MIG and TIG stacked. (there's also O/A, a buzz box and propane available). I bought an inverter TIG specifically because they are small so I could make a small cart. TIG is on a shelf, 220V Mig pack sits on top. There is one shelf where the helmet and bulk stuff fits and steel drawer at the bottom (on ball bearing drawing slides) for more stuff. There are cut outs in the top to hold welding pliers, square etc.

Currently the MIG is in the basement awaiting deployment. Plans are underway to invade and capture another room. Steel is procured, and hidden from view. All is ready....just waiting for a stealthy moment to weld up the benches, .....and the old laundry shall be mine, all mine!

1644673935647.jpeg

1644673882007.jpeg

1644673863896.jpeg

ShawnR

Ultra Member
Premium Member
@Mcgyver yes, you get it. As much as I feel like I am trading down as far as quality of machines, I am gaining floor space and convenience, and modern technology. The features of the new machine will be great to have but probably way beyond my needs and capabilities right now. Having those options though in the new welder might inspire me to learn how to use and appreciate them, ie pulse, variable frequencies, etc.

It should arrive on Monday. WooWoo!

PeterT

Ultra Member
Premium Member
I haven't yet. Its not a super priority but the more I ponder, the more projects I can envision using it for so one day I will bite the bullet. Still collecting information, its a chunk of change so pays to do some research & hear peoples opinions. The peripheral issues are where to store it properly & also a welding work surface I have to figure out, so there will be some shop shuffling to accommodate. These pics & discussions have been helpful to me.

Gearhead88

Super User
I bought a Miller Syncrowave 180SD on Saturday . It was complete and in excellent condition , I do need to buy a flow meter . I’m gonna ditch the cart , it’s overkill and too big for my smallish garage . I’ll be building one soon to suit my needs . This is my first Tig , I’ve had a few Mig welders . I need to lease a bottle of Argon .The cart in the picture will be for sale . 686D8F14-8378-4EB3-A86C-01CFD92B4A89.jpeg