Welder/ Fab/ CAD Designer

Kris Jensen

I'll take you up on that I want 3 steel letter "J" s. Probably about 8" tall. I'm going to weld them to my uncles cast iron gates. It is just a man gate so it doesent need to be to big. Look up 1800's cast iron gate for font style inspiration. One afternoon when your not busy I'll stop by.
Ok I'll message you with some font ideas

Kris Jensen

I'll take you up on that I want 3 steel letter "J" s. Probably about 8" tall. I'm going to weld them to my uncles cast iron gates. It is just a man gate so it doesent need to be to big. Look up 1800's cast iron gate for font style inspiration. One afternoon when your not busy I'll stop by.
I couldn't send you a message with a pic so I'll post it here. Here are some fonts that I came up with, the colours are just for telling me which one you like image.jpeg

Alexander

Ultra Member
Administrator
Great I'll take 3 of that blue letter in the top right. They will need to be 12" tall to look good on that gate and thick enough that they look origional. Just email me with what that is worth and we will make it happen. He is going to be super surprised when I show up and weld those on! I will email you.

Kris Jensen

Great I'll take 3 of that blue letter in the top right. They will need to be 12" tall to look good on that gate and thick enough that they look origional. Just email me with what that is worth and we will make it happen. He is going to be super surprised when I show up and weld those on! I will email you.
Is it a real cast iron gate? If so do a little research on welding to cast iron, you may have to bring a torch to heat up the cast even if your just going to tack the letters on. I have 1/8" thick steel that I use for letters, that should be a good thickness.

Alexander

Ultra Member
Administrator
The bars are steel just the tops are cast iron I have welded lots of cast and I know what you mean it will crack if you don't Pre heat at least.

EricB

Haha love the Baphomet table, especially in that odd setting.[emoji14] Doesn't look like a typical Satanist's living room. Nice work as always!

Sent from my B15 using Tapatalk

Kris Jensen

Haha love the Baphomet table, especially in that odd setting.[emoji14] Doesn't look like a typical Satanist's living room. Nice work as always!

Sent from my B15 using Tapatalk
Thx! Actually I just put it on that table to get a picture and send it to my mom... Told her I got her a present.

EricB

@PeterT Yup! Same stuff. This is the article:

"The filler material is a copper, silver, phosphorus alloy market under the trade names Sil-Phos or Silvaloy. More specifically the alloy we used was Silvaloy 15 which is 15% Silver, 80% Copper and 5% Phosphorus. The alloying of copper with silver and phosphorus lowers the melting temperature of the main alloy copper. Pure copper melts at 1984 degrees F and the Silvaloy 15 filler material melts at 1190 degrees F. You can see just from the melting temperatures that we can weld copper at a much lower temperature. I could see how this might happen by accident in the weld shop. Many of the TIG welding rods look similar because they are copper plated to keep them from oxidizing. If somebody accidentally used some of this brazing alloy to TIG weld then it would be pretty obvious that it could be used."

It makes sense, considering some people do brass brazing using a TIG welder. I'm sure a lot of guys here have seen this before, but if not, check it out! It's beautiful.

8614ccf0490d036fb153fbbf6c0391f7.jpg

Kris Jensen

Hey I'll post this in a few places or help me spread the word.

I am now working with a trucking company, and a metal supplier to do residential deliveries of full lengths of steel to people who can't get full lengths to their garage shops. Still working on pricing per delivery, but the price of steel will be on par with federal metals website prices. Can do deliveries of any kind of mild steel right now. Need to still hash out the specialty metal stock.

I hope to start a website where you can order your material online and then maybe one day a week do deliveries.

Best part is the trucking company is very flexible and can time the delivery when you get home from work.

Have had a few test runs with friends and it worked really well. One bulk order and a day of delivering the material.

Starting in Calgary and area

Let me know what you guys think.