• Scam Alert. Members are reminded to NOT send money to buy anything. Don't buy things remote and have it shipped - go get it yourself, pay in person, and take your equipment with you. Scammers have burned people on this forum. Urgency, secrecy, excuses, selling for friend, newish members, FUD, are RED FLAGS. A video conference call is not adequate assurance. Face to face interactions are required. Please report suspicions to the forum admins. Stay Safe - anyone can get scammed.

Welder/ Fab/ CAD Designer

John Conroy

Premium Member
I have a Miller 180 mig welder and I've been considering buying an Everlast tig welder. Are you happy with your 185 or would you send the extra $400 for the 200DX-D

Kris Jensen

I have a Miller 180 mig welder and I've been considering buying an Everlast tig welder. Are you happy with your 185 or would you send the extra $400 for the 200DX-D
If you're willing to spend the extra $400 for the 200 DX do it. Not saying I don't like my 185, it got me started and I used it to weld 1/4 aluminum to 3/4 aluminum and I was amazed at how well it did even if it was maxed out. If you are not planning on doing a lot of aluminum but still want that option then go with the 185 and save the $400. If your planning on doing a lot stainless and other exotic metals I think the 200dx has a pulse function that is really handy in controlling the heat.

Kris Jensen

Oh and before you buy off the website let me talk to them I might be able to get a deal and save you some money. I get a lot of consumables from them plus I have three machines so they are starting to give me deals now, just let me now how much it's going to cost you and I'll see if I can get a better price

Kris Jensen

Came up with this idea after finishing a puzzle I wanted to save but didn't know where to put it, I think found a good place for it, I took the glass off, measured the frame of the table and cut a flat top out with the cnc. made the cutout have a 1/2" boarder around the corners of the puzzle. Also added six horses to run inline with the puzzle image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg

EricB

Ew, looks like Stampeders horses! I don't like this one. [emoji14]

Just kidding! ...or am I?

Sent from my B15 using Tapatalk

Kris Jensen

Ew, looks like Stampeders horses! I don't like this one. [emoji14]

Just kidding! ...or am I?

The table is my moms, she loves Ford Mustangs, hopefully that'll make you feel better....

Nah just kidding GO! STAMPS! GO! :)

EricB

Ewwww! My mother and sister are lousy Stamps fans. Mostly because of the horse, and because they had the hots for Doug Flutie and now for Cornish. GO ESKIES!!!

Kris Jensen

Hey if anyone on here wants a unique Christmas gift for someone. I will make you a piece for the cost of steel plus $10, smaller pieces only, gotta save the bigger stuff for paying customers.

But for the forum I'll do stuff that I would normally charge $100 for around $35 but only for Christmas or else I will go broke lol, I'll post this somewhere else to

Alexander

Ultra Member
Administrator
I'll take you up on that I want 3 steel letter "J" s. Probably about 8" tall. I'm going to weld them to my uncles cast iron gates. It is just a man gate so it doesent need to be to big. Look up 1800's cast iron gate for font style inspiration. One afternoon when your not busy I'll stop by.