Spend my money!

Tom O

Ultra Member
I don’t know all those colours with one spool in play, I’d be thinking it was printed on something else. However that type of printer has always caught my eye.

combustable herbage

Ultra Member
Premium Member

jcdammeyer

John
Premium Member
Just to make a sour note point here. My POS Delta printer was a Geeetech.

Badly Engineered POS that cost me more than $500. I wouldn't buy something from them anymore.

jcdammeyer

John
Premium Member
Interesting thing today about my printer. Appears the software I was using was newer than a friend of mine who has the same printer but not the latest. He always wondered why I bitched about the quality of prints from the CURA slicing program. I've always liked the Silc3r and Repetier user interface better.
Well today after discovering that the infill percentage didn't do anything he suggested I upgrade. I did. Now the infill actually works. Who knows what other little gotcha's were screwing up the prints. Here's the translucent plastic with the phone camera adjusted so that the bright light doesn't overwhelm the sensor. Even then the middle dots are actually green. And the circular fill now actually does more than just a few lines.

1702176645996.png

Darren

Ultra Member
Premium Member
Got the X1 setup today and did some test prints, the boy is super happy. He got a few toys printed. Its super fast!

One minor-ish glitch with getting the printer paired to the app, but after an hour messing with my router settings, its working flawlessly now.

I'm starting on my own 120mm fan adapter print right now. Basically to adapt a fan to a piece of pipe. https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:3819249 . Shows 1hr 40 mins to print. Curious how that stacks up to other printers.

20231225_223211.jpg

20231225_231550.jpg

The app is pretty cool to a newbie like me. The printer is in another room and I can check in on its progress.

Last edited:

Darren

Ultra Member
Premium Member
Its a fan adapter. To adapt a 120mm computer case fan to a pipe. I'm going to see if i can improve my oil drip system so I can burn more waste oil cleanly. I generate more waste oil than I can burn currently.

Dan Dubeau

Ultra Member
Sounds like you need to build a waste oil foundry.....

Edit: Nice prints BTW. They look great, and FAST too. I'm sure you'll love having it around, and find a lot more uses for it as time goes on.

Darren

Ultra Member
Premium Member
Dan, that will be in the works at some point too. Right now i'm just dripping a bit into the woodstove. It burns clean, no smoke, but needs more air if i want to burn more than around 1L/hr. It cost me a few pennies to print the adapter so its certainly worth a shot.

Last edited: