• Spring 2024 meetup in Calgary - tentative date Saturday, April 20/2024. Other regions are also discussing meet ups. If you want one in your area get going on organizing it! discussion
  • We are having email/registration problems again. Diagnosis is underway. New users sorry if you are having trouble getting registered. We are exploring different options to get registered. Contact the forum via another member or on facebook if you're stuck. Update -> we think it is fixed. Let us know if not.
  • Spring meet up in Ontario, April 6/2024. NEW LOCATION See Post #31 Discussion NEW LOCATION

Snowblower recommendation, anyone?

TOBARApprentice

Super User
Buy Cheap...... buy Twice. My dad bought a Honda in 1982 and it is still running as well as the day he bought it. I’d say 2 Stage because you don’t have to push it. And the reason you truly have a snowblower makes itself apparent on the 2 days you REALLY need it! I know it will cost you, but find me a post on this forum where anyone said..... “I have too much shop space, I have too big a milling machine or I wish my tools were less powerful and of lesser quality”. Honda all the way. (If you listen quietly on a cold dark winters eve, you can hear that yard works snowblower “rusting” in someones garage).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MW/MC

I used to have a mtd 26”8hp
Brand new in 2014 I live in Edmonton found it to big a cumbersome for our house I had a bit of “tim the tool man Taylor “ the day I bought it
Needless to say I sold and bought a toro 621q single stage and I absolutely love it !!!