RF45 too good to be true!

richdon

I don't know but the whole thing sure looks like a scam. I did a search on Ali for " ZAY7045FG mill drill" and it turned out quite a few but prices are way off the one advertized. From$427 to $4732 + $1500 shipping oh and the DRO starts at $100 in the picture.
Don

Attachments

• Screenshot (301).png
    Screenshot (301).png
    438.4 KB · Views: 3

richdon

Here is where I found these Shop1103304985 Store. There are alo smaller DX32 in there for about $2500

Attachments

• Screenshot (302).png
    Screenshot (302).png
    464.3 KB · Views: 4

Larry_C9

Super User
Premium Member
Yes, when I was sailing in New Zealand and Australia most yards and marina's had converters available to give us 110 60 hz power so I am sure they are available going the other way

Susquatch

Ultra Member
Administrator
Premium Member
I'm a big fan of the display on the TouchDRO. Likewise how it functions when doing things like bolt circles because the display shows you where you are in relation to where you need to be.

Ditron does that too and has done it for at least 3 yrs now.

Susquatch

Ultra Member
Administrator
Premium Member
IMHO, the big advantage that touch has is easily upgraded software and lower cost if you already have or can buy a low cost used android non-samsung tablet. None of my Samsung stuff will work with the touch.

The software is easily updated on Google Playstore.

Tecnico

(Dave)
IMHO, the big advantage that touch has is easily upgraded software and lower cost if you already have or can buy a low cost used android non-samsung tablet. None of my Samsung stuff will work with the touch.

The software is easily updated on Google Playstore.
I believe Yuriy’s has a fix for the Samsung glitch. He talks about it in his forum on Hobby Machinists.

D :cool:

Ironman

Ultra Member
There is another problem. It is a 220 V 50HZ machine.
When I was running a small gold mill in the early 1990's the BC Bearing dealer offered me a bunch of 5hp 50hz motors 3phase. I said the same thing....50hz????
He said it would not matter. I went and talked to a industrial electrician and he also stated that it would not matter, so I bought 10 motors for 10 each. They worked out fine.
Anyone with a VFD knows you can drive a 3 phase motor at 15 cycles 50 cycles or 90 cycles, pick your rpm.
Running this with a VFD to make 3 phase will allow you all the options.

JustaDB

Ultra Member
FWIW, I used to have a small, German-made 4" bench grinder. 110VAC, 50Hz. I ran it for years w/ no issues.

Martin w

Hi David
Any chance you could take a picture of the cable end on the mag scale? I wonder how compatible they are with older displays. My boring mill has readouts on all three axis but only one mag scale reads. I don't want to order something that won't fit.
Thanks
Martin
This is where I got my scales.

I'm a big fan of the display on the TouchDRO. Likewise how it functions when doing things like bolt circles because the display shows you where you are in relation to where you need to be.
Check out the TouchDRO channel on YT.

Susquatch

Ultra Member
Administrator
Premium Member
I believe Yuriy’s has a fix for the Samsung glitch. He talks about it in his forum on Hobby Machinists.

I looked in vain for this. Any chance you have a link?

Nothing about it in his website either.

DavidR8

Scrap maker
Administrator
Premium Member
Hi David
Any chance you could take a picture of the cable end on the mag scale? I wonder how compatible they are with older displays. My boring mill has readouts on all three axis but only one mag scale reads. I don't want to order something that won't fit.
Thanks
Martin
If you look at the Aliexpress listing it shows the pinout of the connector.

Tecnico

(Dave)
I looked in vain for this. Any chance you have a link?

Nothing about it in his website either.

Post #23 of THIS THREAD.

I should have linked it before but I was on my tablet. Bottom line, any version from build 2023-09-23 forward is supposed to work around the problem.

I don't see anything on the TDRO web site, I think there was but it's probably overtaken by events because of the fix in build 2023-09-23.

Tecnico

(Dave)
Mag scales are stupid cheap right now.
That said, on a lathe Z axis I'd use a glass scale for ease of installation. Drill and tap two holes and the scale is on. If your carriage has provisions for a taper attachment there may even be drilled and tapped holes that could be used for the read head mounting.

When I did my lathe & mill about a year ago (6 scales) I engaged Ditron via their chat on Aliex and the pricing was significantly different from their Aliex page. They threw in 1u resolution N/C and the linear (glass scales) were a fair bit lower in price compared to the magnetic. If you hesitate for a day or 3, you might get a better offer or something thrown in too. That's how I got the 1u for free. If I recall I was close to month end too.

For buying a mag read head it was less costly to buy a short mag scale than just the head.

I'm quite happy with my glass sales so far and the tape mag scales I put on my mill quill and embedded in my lathe cross slide have performed well too. The tape is great for confined spaces but I'm more trusting of the durability/reliability of the glass type.

I'm interested in the latest market info because I'll need to be fitting up my newly acquired SM 1120.

DavidR8

Scrap maker
Administrator
Premium Member
When I did my lathe & mill about a year ago (6 scales) I engaged Ditron via their chat on Aliex and the pricing was significantly different from their Aliex page. They threw in 1u resolution N/C and the linear (glass scales) were a fair bit lower in price compared to the magnetic. If you hesitate for a day or 3, you might get a better offer or something thrown in too. That's how I got the 1u for free. If I recall I was close to month end too.

For buying a mag read head it was less costly to buy a short mag scale than just the head.

I'm quite happy with my glass sales so far and the tape mag scales I put on my mill quill and embedded in my lathe cross slide have performed well too. The tape is great for confined spaces but I'm more trusting of the durability/reliability of the glass type.

I'm interested in the latest market info because I'll need to be fitting up my newly acquired SM 1120.

I have mag scales on my mill because I wanted the compact form factor. On the lathe I'll likely do glass scales.