• Scam Alert. Members are reminded to NOT send money to buy anything. Don't buy things remote and have it shipped - go get it yourself, pay in person, and take your equipment with you. Scammers have burned people on this forum. Urgency, secrecy, excuses, selling for friend, newish members, FUD, are RED FLAGS. A video conference call is not adequate assurance. Face to face interactions are required. Please report suspicions to the forum admins. Stay Safe - anyone can get scammed.

RF45 too good to be true!

Johnwa

Ultra Member
When I purchased my mill it came with an xy DRO and an extra scale the previous owner had ordered by mistake. I tried an igaging DRO on the quill without much success.
I finally got around to installing the scale and making an Arduino reader and display. It works fine except for the lcd display which doesn’t update fast enough to follow anything but a fairly slow movement. I might do something about that but for now it’s good enough. IMG_5290.jpeg

slow-poke

Ultra Member
Great way to put it. I feel the same way.
I ordered my Ditron equipment directly from Ditron. Not the least expensive option, but at least you know what your getting. I read somewhere that some of the resellers are selling returns or what did not make it through Q/A. I will say the contact that was recommended to me at Ditron provided great service answered all my questions and I would not hesitate to use her again.

Previous to that experience I had to return a set purchased through a reseller on ebay, it was the complete opposite experience I had to involve ebay, I Iaugh about it now but it took a while to resolve and was bordering on the absurd.

Tom Kitta

Ultra Member
Guys, a USED RF45 just sold on auction for 7800 CAD. Used.

So a price of " $4732 + $1500 shipping" is actually CHEAPER than someone paid for a used machine...

Heck at these prices one could buy in China, sell on auction and turn a profit!

mickeyf

When I click the link on the post that started this thread I get "that page cannot be found". I would like to have seen what triggered the discussion!

Darren

Ultra Member
Premium Member
Are you trying to say that there's no mill coming?

it says that its shipped.

There's no mill is there? :(

Darren

Ultra Member
Premium Member
The silver lining here is that i found some super cheap inserts for one of my facemills.

A buck each vs 4 bucks on Amazon. Hopefully they aren't 3d printed or something.