• Scam Alert. Members are reminded to NOT send money to buy anything. Don't buy things remote and have it shipped - go get it yourself, pay in person, and take your equipment with you. Scammers have burned people on this forum. Urgency, secrecy, excuses, selling for friend, newish members, FUD, are RED FLAGS. A video conference call is not adequate assurance. Face to face interactions are required. Please report suspicions to the forum admins. Stay Safe - anyone can get scammed.

Tool POS Tap Guide

Tool

Ironman

Ultra Member
Wow, high praise. afaik Sowa has always just been a distributor and their house brand is re-badged made in China stuff. I don't believe they make anything. (I have a very negative view of Sowa after what I felt was an attempted rip off re Rohm parts)
I have also steered away from them , not because it's China, although I should. I have nothing against Chinese tools. I have a strong dislike of companies buying their stuff in China and charging Made in USA prices for it.

lol, lefty loosey. have you been chatting with my wife?

She's very smart in so many ways, but as un-technical as you can get. I come in from my morning exercise and am always asked "what's it like out?" The other day I responded its about 13 degrees. She says "you're always giving me numbers, that doesn't help, I'm a hot or cold kind of girl!"
Lol...... Yours runs hot and cold too huh? :rolleyes:

Susquatch

Ultra Member
Administrator
Premium Member
Lol...... Yours runs hot and cold too huh? :rolleyes:

What, there's hot cycle ? I'll have to look for setting.

What? There is a cold setting? I'll have to look for that setting. LOL!

Mine runs HOT 24/7. Either pissed off or horny. She is Italian. They don't come with an ice mode that I know of. Lots and lots of controls, none are labelled, but they should all be labelled hotter than whatever level of hot it is right now.

Susquatch

Ultra Member
Administrator
Premium Member
I didn't really like the fit of those hex drivers I had and I didn't like them separated from my socket tools, so I ordered these and they came in yesterday.

They fit my Lisle Tap Drivers MUCH better! I also got the carbide center drill set I ordered in the same shipment. Now I can make a special set of hex drivers for my tap drivers and keep them all with my taps in that drawer that @jorogi doesn't like......

Susquatch

Ultra Member
Administrator
Premium Member
Poured this morning so no planting for a while. Busy doing honey do's today and a few me jobs too! Here is a photo of the finished 3/8 hex driver. Easy peasy. Thanks to @thestelster for pointing out that carbide center drills exist.

20240525_125026.jpg

Very happy so I did the 1/4" & 1/2" drivers too. Everything is put away in my tap tools drawer.

mbond

Premium Member
What? There is a cold setting? I'll have to look for that setting. LOL!

Mine runs HOT 24/7. Either pissed off or horny. She is Italian. They don't come with an ice mode that I know of. Lots and lots of controls, none are labelled, but they should all be labelled hotter than whatever level of hot it is right now.
Lots of buttons and none of them labeled seems like the norm. But he we are guys (apologies to any female members) and even if they were labeled, reading instructions is anathema

Mcgyver

Ultra Member
Come home really late one Friday night/ Saturday morning

There is a technique for that.

I used to turn off the engine half down the street, silent coast into the drive, quiet as a mouse open the door and tiptoe up the stairs. She always heard me, would wake up and I'd catch an ear full.

Now, I screech to stop in driveway, slam the door, stomp up the stairs, slap her on the ass and say "how about a _________ (keeping it somewhat family oriented lol). She's always sound asleep.

ChazzC

Starrett 174 Tap Wrench Arrived! It is so damn cute I could eat it! Again, Thanks Stel!

View attachment 48168

You guys are worse than the H-M bunch at making me buy stuff – I got my #174 on Amazon for $30 four years ago (now they don't list the price as no one is selling at a reasonable cost; Starrett List is $48.50, and the "Other Sellers" on Amazon all want ~$70). eBay's not much better, but I found a similar, slightly smaller (!) version (they accepted my offer of $27):

20240530 Veteran Tools Tap Wrench.png

I also found a couple of others in my Threading Tools box:

20240530 Baby Tap Wrenches.jpeg
Veteran Tools | Starrett 174 | Unknown Clone | General Tools Clone

DavidR8

Scrap maker
Administrator
Premium Member
You guys are worse than the H-M bunch at making me buy stuff – I got my #174 on Amazon for $30 four years ago (now they don't list the price as no one is selling at a reasonable cost; Starrett List is $48.50, and the "Other Sellers" on Amazon all want ~$70). eBay's not much better, but I found a similar, slightly smaller (!) version (they accepted my offer of $27):

View attachment 48345

View attachment 48346
I can only say that I learned the craft of spending other's money on HM and honed it here :D

ChazzC

View attachment 48345

View attachment 48346

Since I mentioned my "Threading Tools" box, I got anal again, moved the contents into a larger Erally Useful Box® so that I could more easily see what I have:

Threading Tooling.jpeg