• Spring 2024 meetup in Calgary - tentative date Saturday, April 20/2024. Other regions are also discussing meet ups. If you want one in your area get going on organizing it! discussion
  • We are having email/registration problems again. Diagnosis is underway. New users sorry if you are having trouble getting registered. We are exploring different options to get registered. Contact the forum via another member or on facebook if you're stuck. Update -> we think it is fixed. Let us know if not.
  • Spring meet up in Ontario, April 6/2024. NEW LOCATION See Post #31 Discussion NEW LOCATION

Ontario member sound off

Susquatch

Ultra Member
Administrator
Premium Member
I'm just doing my part to keep the city dwellers from suffering the discomfort of country living. :D

City boys belong in the city.

Funny true story. The folks in town here all live trap their racoons and skunks and the bring them out into the country to release so they can live happily ever after. We farm boys bring them back to the city where they belong.

I think that's what we should do with any city folks who move here too.......

TorontoBuilder

Ultra Member

Funny true story. The folks in town here all live trap their racoons and skunks and the bring them out into the country to release so they can live happily ever after. We farm boys bring them back to the city where they belong.

what's the bag limit on susquatch in canada? Haha

You're off my Christmas list

Chicken lights

Forum Pony Express Driver

Getting borderline to where I should keep my mouth shut - the cities decide the elections but the country folk keep the country functioning

No politics :p

Just an observance from a not very astute truck driver who should know better than to comment in the first place

Rauce

Ultra Member
Getting borderline to where I should keep my mouth shut - the cities decide the elections but the country folk keep the country functioning

No politics :p

Just an observance from a not very astute truck driver who should know better than to comment in the first place
I’m not going wade in too deep here but I’ll point out that I think when you say cities that isn’t really what you mean.

I live in a city and work in heavy industry. There’s a lot of heavy industry in this city. The majority of the people working in these plants live in this city. Are we not keeping this country functioning?

I think we all play a part in a functioning society. I just wish more people would learn that we all like to live differently, we all NEED to live differently, and stop forcing their ideals and way of life on everyone else. Live and let live.
Was that a mic drop I heard in the background right at the end there? Well said. :cool:

Chicken lights

Forum Pony Express Driver
Are we not keeping this country functioning?
As an opinion, no, cities are the end user of a long supply chain, that exist to service the needs of the entire country. Cities may buy more of that supply chain volume, but without the supply chain the city withers.

I would say, in general, I pick up 75% of loads from small towns, that get delivered to large cities. The other 25% are from large cities that are transportation hubs or ports, and I’m the next link in the supply chain

Don’t listen to the guy who drives around in circles all day with too much time to ponder:D

TorontoBuilder

Ultra Member
As an opinion, no, cities are the end user of a long supply chain, that exist to service the needs of the entire country. Cities may buy more of that supply chain volume, but without the supply chain the city withers.

I would say, in general, I pick up 75% of loads from small towns, that get delivered to large cities. The other 25% are from large cities that are transportation hubs or ports, and I’m the next link in the supply chain

Don’t listen to the guy who drives around in circles all day with too much time to ponder:D
i like how no politics is enforced inequitably. just sayin