• Scam Alert. Members are reminded to NOT send money to buy anything. Don't buy things remote and have it shipped - go get it yourself, pay in person, and take your equipment with you. Scammers have burned people on this forum. Urgency, secrecy, excuses, selling for friend, newish members, FUD, are RED FLAGS. A video conference call is not adequate assurance. Face to face interactions are required. Please report suspicions to the forum admins. Stay Safe - anyone can get scammed.

Ontario member sound off

AFAIK there's no official number of posts, it's just encouraged that as many members as possible join in on the conversations and perhaps share a little bit of what you are up to in your shop. As without member participation, there's not much of a conversation going on to keep us entertained.
How did you make out with your pulley repair on the Atlas lathe? Did you rebore and sleeve it, or go with a new (other) one?
Hey, I think I forgot to respond to some of you Gentlemen about a similar question a while back. ‍♂️ sorry about that.

I thought the double shiv on the counter shaft, was bent /warped. Well it was,, lol!, but so was the counter shaft, it was .010” out about the centre of the shaft. So I got a nice piece of 3/4” steel bar,, (of a decent quality, from my retired machinist cousin), which was the easiest way for me, as my lathe was feeling poorly. The only troublesome issue was cutting the key way. I even tried a Cape Chisel,, if I would’ve had a way to setup a jig or a guide to prevent me & my chisel from wandering off the straight lines,, I might’ve finished it that way .?? I ended up taking it to a machine shop, the guy took a couple bucks cash for a professional key way job.
Then I opted for grease nipples instead of the caps, to keep grease in the counter shaft bearings. This was pretty easy as I have a decent drill press, and all kinds of taps. After that, I put it together and it runs pretty smoothly, it might need some tweaking still,,

Hey everyone, my name's Marco and I'm a Red Seal licensed General/ToolRoom Machinist for over 10 years, (20 years in the manufacturing trade) I live north of the GTA (New Tecumseth area).

I currently work at a food packaging manufacturing facility located in Rexdale/Etobicoke near Toronto Pearson Airport. I'm responsible for servicing moulds/dies/fixtures and also repair/remanufacture machinery components.

I have a classified advertisement for machining serviced on Kijiji (GMZ Machining) I'm driven by passion and backed up by my skillset taught to me by some serious mindful machinists in the trade over the years (Magna, ABCGroup, Jobbing shop)

Ive been looking to get a gear head bench lathe (CX708 type) for some time now, aswell as a bench top mill m/c in the future to set up a small shop in my home basement, but I'm tight with funds now with life being expensive and 2 small kids.

Please feel free to message me of any machining job/inquires or if you have any machinery available for sale.

Thanks and take care everyone

Back