• Spring 2024 meetup in Calgary - date Saturday, April 20/2024. discussion Please RSVP Here to confirm and get your invitation and the location details. RSVP NOW so organizers can plan to get sufficient food etc. It's Tomorrow Saturday! you can still RSVP until I stop checking my phone tomorrow More info and agenda
  • We are having email/registration problems again. Diagnosis is underway. New users sorry if you are having trouble getting registered. We are exploring different options to get registered. Contact the forum via another member or on facebook if you're stuck. Update -> we think it is fixed. Let us know if not.
  • Spring meet up in Ontario, April 6/2024. NEW LOCATION See Post #31 Discussion AND THE NEW LOCATION

New rotary table

YYCHM

(Craig)
Premium Member
The plates attach to shaft that holds the handle used to rotate the table.
The handle is removed, the plate is slid on and screwed into place, the sector arms are slid on and then the crank handle is attached.
Not at rotary tables can take dividing plates.
When I bought my table I gambled and bought the plates and table separately because it was about $50 less expensive. As it turned out they plates, sector arms and handle fit perfectly.

Ok, that all makes sense to me now.... Thanks:D

Brent H

Ultra Member
@YYCHM : if they will fit your rotary table properly they are worth it - you may, however, need to make an indexing arm unless that is also in the mix. Allows you to make gears and other items that require accurate spacing around a circle - like dials, bolt holes, splines, etc etc. super fun to figure out applications for use :)

YYCHM

(Craig)
Premium Member
Hey David,

Have you installed the indexing plates on your 6" HV yet? Just wondering how well the plate kit fit.

Craig

Last edited:

George

A 6” rotary table with tailstock and dividing plates.
For $350 CDN delivered I am very impressed with it.
Once I cleaned off the remains of the La Brea tar pit it’s remarkably well made.
Minimal backlash and very solid.
Need a chuck for it now... 3 jaw or 4 jaw?
View attachment 11909
Got mine from eBay 2 weeks ago $356 + $5 shipping, payed $42 import taxes from India, So $403 in total, took a few photos of it said i wasn’t happy with the finishing, just a few paint chips, very small, a minute ding on the bed and a little casting blemish on the base. Seller got back to me, blamed DHL and said he would send a replacement part free of charge, so I was puzzled, what part was he sending?
Post office called me a week later saying they had a package for me. Now i have 2 of them , I have a 100mm er32 collet chuck for my mini lathe, so the 3 jaw chuck will be set up on one table and the other will just be used as a basic flat table, Total time for both tables from ordering to my door = 15 days.
ACA5FAF0-A4C1-4AC8-A3F1-8D8B6E0C981C.jpeg 7C7CA23D-6D90-42F2-B36D-F1DF3718BD39.jpeg Best of both worlds for me
RESULT

YYCHM

(Craig)
Premium Member
@George what size are your RTs and have you tried mounting the indexing kit on one yet? Yours appear to be exactly the same RT as what I have.

George

@George what size are your RTs and have you tried mounting the indexing kit on one yet? Yours appear to be exactly the same RT as what I have.
Thanks Perry, the listing for mine does not have that milled surface. Nor do any of the others from the same seller.
It seems a good idea to mill it flat though.
They are 150mm and I haven’t mounted them yet, I still need to strip and clean them.

YYCHM

(Craig)
Premium Member
They are 150mm and I haven’t mounted them yet, I still need to strip and clean them.

Report back when you mount them please. I'll be interested to know if you have the same issues I'm seeing.