• Scam Alert. Members are reminded to NOT send money to buy anything. Don't buy things remote and have it shipped - go get it yourself, pay in person, and take your equipment with you. Scammers have burned people on this forum. Urgency, secrecy, excuses, selling for friend, newish members, FUD, are RED FLAGS. A video conference call is not adequate assurance. Face to face interactions are required. Please report suspicions to the forum admins. Stay Safe - anyone can get scammed.

My 8mm tap plan.... Some pre-xmas fun.

Susquatch

Ultra Member
Administrator
Premium Member
Mine arrived yesterday too. Going to the post office today.

I've never seen taps like two of those.

combustable herbage

Ultra Member
Premium Member
When Don started this thread I couldn't figure out his motive, and now I have, he is trying to get addresses all over Canada so that when he loses his job cleaning the chicken coop he's gonna couch surf across the country using everyone's machines and helping out like the littlest machinist hobo. 2 weeks max at my place and whatever end cuts you can fit in your pocket!!
Thanks for the entertainment, and the taps when they come.
Now to look for some goodies.

Actually, right now I am on puppy watch, expecting sometime between yesterday and Saturday....... If I poke a few holes in some flat rate boxes............ You know, for the ones that are hard to find homes for, I have a pretty long list of potential targets now. :eek:

Puppies?
I like puppies. What breed?
Breed? As in, are there more than one type? :eek:
They are German Shepherd pups, or will be shortly. I haven't had my own litter of pups in over 30 years, and the wife has never had the experience, so it should be interesting. We have had a couple dogs that we brought up from pups, but have rescued the last three or so, including these two.
The Dad; if he likes you, he's just a big teddy bear, smart as heck, but would prefer you didn't know it. If he doesn't like you for what ever reason, you are not getting in the yard. We have similar taste in people. :cool:
The mom was a rescue from last winter, very obedient, a little bit shy, but extremely gentle and trustworthy. She has been my shadow since I brought her home and goes with me to work whenever possible. The plan is to have her spayed after this and we're going to keep one and will pick after my parents pick theirs with the understanding that if their situation changes, we will bring theirs back.
I do know that I am going to have to get the camera fixed pretty soon, gunna be taking baby pictures shortly. They say the first litter should be 4-5 pups, but oh boy, is she big.....:oops:. I'm a little bit afraid it might be 4-5 teen......:eek:

Susquatch

Ultra Member
Administrator
Premium Member
Hmmmmm I think we have enough oven mitts, but they do have reflective eyes and we could use new driveway markers...... :eek:
101 uses for a dead cat was always one of my favorite books.... Lol

My favorite is a septic tank activator. The father in law was an excavating contractor. For many years he did septic tanks and weeping beds. The first thing he always did was to scrape a dead cat off the highway and throw it in the tank. A few days later the tank would start working again. I saw him do it enough times to be a believer.

DPittman

Ultra Member
Premium Member
My favorite is a septic tank activator. The father in law was an excavating contractor. For many years he did septic tanks and weeping beds. The first thing he always did was to scrape a dead cat off the highway and throw it in the tank. A few days later the tank would start working again. I saw him do it enough times to be a believer.
When I was a teenager I read somewhere that adding nitrogen fertilzer to the septic aided the biological process. Made sense to me so I dumped in an ice cream pail of ammonium nitrate nitrogen ferilzer. The next day there was a foam/froth mass 3 ft thick oozing out of of the wooden cover down to the bottom of the septic pit. It took days before it settled down again to where it could be pumped. Whoops, but no real harm done in the end.

When I was a teenager I read somewhere that adding nitrogen fertilzer to the septic aided the biological process. Made sense to me so I dumped in an ice cream pail of ammonium nitrate nitrogen ferilzer. The next day there was a foam/froth mass 3 ft thick oozing out of of the wooden cover down to the bottom of the septic pit. It took days before it settled down again to where it could be pumped. Whoops, but no real harm done in the end.
Oh, sh!t......:eek: