My 8mm tap plan.... Some pre-xmas fun.

Some of you may have been following along on my brief journey into 8mm tap overload, and of course, some of you probably have me on your ignore list, but that's okay, I have been married to the same woman for almost 30yrs and I don't think she knows my first name, so I am used to that and not easily offended by it. :p
So here's what I am thinking, I have about 100, probably more 8mm taps many of which look unused, and some have some rust stains, but look perfectly usable. There looks to be five different types, but no idea how many of each, and no desire to find out, I just don't have the time to start sorting out of curiosity. Conveniently, my camera in the phone just shite the bed, so the only picture doesn't show the other type that I discovered.
My thought is: if you want 4 taps, all different (as long as variety lasts), pm me your address and I will mail them to you on my dime.
From you, I want some trinket (small tool, lathe bit, I don't know, and most importantly, I don't want to know what I am getting until it gets here) mailed in the cheapest manner on your dime. Nobody is going to know what the next person sent, I fully expect that someone will send a paperclip, and that's okay too, I just don't want or need this many taps and want to try and have some fun with them, and if all goes well and stays friendly maybe someone else will want to jump in and offer up there extras in a similar manner.
If it comes down to putting them on Kijiji etc, I will just toss them in the scrap bucket vs that headache.
If this violates any rules, please feel free to delete or move, I thought about putting it in the classifieds, but not really selling and don't want to risk the privilege of having the classifieds as part of the forum.
So, what says all? Anybody want to adopt some taps? Pretty busy this time of the year, so will likely only be mailing out once a week, and will let know when they are sent....
Dumb idea?....... Probably not my first nor last....:rolleyes:
20231114_080306.jpg
20231113_212023.jpg

Absolutely does not matter..... Just whatever you may have and are not particularly attached to, just NO WIVES OR FIRST BORN! Have enough of those already.......:cool:
Try and bear in mind, what ever you are sending is on your dime, so don't get too carried away. ;)
If it makes it easier on you guys end, you don't need to put return addresses on them. I really just want them to get used before recycled and have a little bit of fun in the process.....

DavidR8

Scrap maker
Administrator
Premium Member
I mentioned to Tom that on the Hobby Machinist forum they have a Pass Around box. Basically a flat rate box that gets sent to a list of people who register to be recipients of the box. You get the box, take something from it and add something to it and then send it to the next person on the list.
Would be interesting to see if there’d be interest for something similar in Canada.
I’ll start a new thread to discuss.

..... Lol, I think I have writers cramp, thanks for the responses guys. I still have several left if anyone is interested.....
As of the time of writing, if I have your address, you have 4 taps sitting in envelopes waiting for me to go to the post office tomorrow. My mortgage broker seems to think I should be fine.....:rolleyes::p

DPittman

Ultra Member
Premium Member
..... Lol, I think I have writers cramp, thanks for the responses guys. I still have several left if anyone is interested.....
As of the time of writing, if I have your address, you have 4 taps sitting in envelopes waiting for me to go to the post office tomorrow. My mortgage broker seems to think I should be fine.....:rolleyes::p
We are all just waiting for your mailing address so we can send you our paper clips in return.

Have you seen all the stuff people get with paper clip trade ups!? Just think of what you will be able to aquire with a bucket of paper clips! Much better than a bucket of 8mm taps.

I sure hope these envelopes make it thru Canada Posts automated letter processing machines without issues. In the distant past I've had many envelopes returned because I put small stuff inside that jammed up their machines.

Dan Dubeau

Ultra Member
I sure hope these envelopes make it thru Canada Posts automated letter processing machines without issues. In the distant past I've had many envelopes returned because I put small stuff inside that jammed up their machines.
I usually sandwich things between a two layers of cardboard and tape it up good. Keeps stuff from busting out and falling out of an envelope, and won't jam up the works