• Spring 2024 meetup in Calgary - date Saturday, April 20/2024. discussion Please RSVP Here to confirm and get your invitation and the location details. RSVP NOW so organizers can plan to get sufficient food etc. It's Tomorrow Saturday! you can still RSVP until I stop checking my phone tomorrow More info and agenda
  • We are having email/registration problems again. Diagnosis is underway. New users sorry if you are having trouble getting registered. We are exploring different options to get registered. Contact the forum via another member or on facebook if you're stuck. Update -> we think it is fixed. Let us know if not.
  • Spring meet up in Ontario, April 6/2024. NEW LOCATION See Post #31 Discussion AND THE NEW LOCATION

Maker Faire 2015 - Meetup?

Mphenley

Premium Member
Hey guys, everything looks great! Getting a bit less busy lately, so hopefully I can get back to the metal ;)

Too bad I'm busy Saturday... But I'll try to get over there on Sunday, at least.

Richard Tymko

I wish I had joined this group earlier, I would have liked to help. Unfortunately I work till 2pm both days. Maybe next year? I am going to try and drop by though. Probably Sunday. Best of luck for the weekend though.

Richard

Alexander

Ultra Member
Administrator
Great idea bud. Just finished the cap program. It is going to be a fun day again. Hopefully we crank out a pile of nice parts.

PeterT

Ultra Member
Premium Member
Congrats. You guys look Pro. And hauling that heavy gear in & out must have been no small feat!

Jwest7788

Joshua West
Administrator
Images I gathered over the weekend!
The little matchstick holder is what we were working on at the booth during demonstrations etc.

2015-09-15 15.50.44.jpg
Finished with O-ring for water protection.

2015-09-13 16.06.38.jpg 2015-09-13 16.06.42.jpg 2015-09-12 09.40.32.jpg 2015-09-12 09.38.09.jpg 2015-09-13 16.06.17.jpg 2015-09-13 16.06.26.jpg 2015-09-12 09.40.42.jpg 2015-09-12 09.38.01.jpg

Alexander

Ultra Member
Administrator
Thanks for posting pictures Josh that was a great weekend. I hope you sprayed your mill down with oil. I wasted off a can of WD40 on my CNC turning center just to be sure none of it could rust, it got a little damp. Modern tool were picking up there beautiful 4 axis machining center on a day with rain in the forecast. Hopefully they didn't get wet too. still drooling over the cnc mill they lent us. If I can put that to work in the future I'll be down there buying it with a huge grin.

Jwest7788

Joshua West
Administrator
Of course!

Yeah, I went through half a can too. Should I be worried about behind the vise jaws or anything? hmm :/ I'll take them off today now that I am thinking about it. haha
For discussion, what is the proper solution to surface rust on a milling table? or any other surface that should be true?

That CNC they lent us really was awesome, I'm sure they would have planned for the rain.

Alexander

Ultra Member
Administrator
Using a nice flat honing stone and making a x pattern while you scrub off surface rust is good. You should try lubricating the stone with water soluble cutting fluid too to prevent loading the stone with dirt. If you don't have that consider spraying the stone with brake cleaner to get the gunk out if the pores.