• Scam Alert. Members are reminded to NOT send money to buy anything. Don't buy things remote and have it shipped - go get it yourself, pay in person, and take your equipment with you. Scammers have burned people on this forum. Urgency, secrecy, excuses, selling for friend, newish members, FUD, are RED FLAGS. A video conference call is not adequate assurance. Face to face interactions are required. Please report suspicions to the forum admins. Stay Safe - anyone can get scammed.

Tips/Techniques HOUSE OF TOOLS LD 1236G

Tips/Techniques

MooseMeat

Hello and good day/evening to all,

I have just purchased a HOUSE OF TOOLS LD 1236G Taiwan lathe, I am looking for the manual or close to manual. This is my very first lathe and haven't touched a lathe since high school. Any info would be greatly appreciated as well as some go to reading and such to help keep me outa trouble, the tube of U I find is awesome but there is nothing like good ole print as an immediate reference.

kind regards, Moose

Attachments

• 426068797_7045287398911409_8235061857625213322_n.jpg
    426068797_7045287398911409_8235061857625213322_n.jpg
    111.9 KB · Views: 38
  • 426546082_7229101203837236_765265976874858352_n-1.jpg
    426546082_7229101203837236_765265976874858352_n-1.jpg
    112.2 KB · Views: 37

whydontu

I Tried, It Broke
Premium Member
Looks like the Grizzly one might be close. I don't have a manual for a version with the reversing lever on the faceplate.

Attachments

• Grizzly g9249_m.pdf
    6.3 MB · Views: 4
  • Enco-110-2033-&-2034-Manual.pdf
    1.7 MB · Views: 3
Welcome to the forum from Lillooet BC.
South Bend 's "how to run a lathe" is a great resource for the beginner, no matter what brand of lathe you have.
There's a ton of info here in the archives, and if a search leaves you wanting more, just ask. If you ask with a picture of your set up, you are likely to have your answer and more in a short while

MooseMeat

Hey,

THANK YOU ALL,
Welcome to the forum from Lillooet BC.
South Bend 's "how to run a lathe" is a great resource for the beginner, no matter what brand of lathe you have.
There's a ton of info here in the archives, and if a search leaves you wanting more, just ask. If you ask with a picture of your set up, you are likely to have your answer and more in a short while
Vancouver island here

DavidR8

Scrap maker
Administrator
Premium Member
I have the Busy Bee version of that machine. I just rebuilt the spindle. Though judging by the ad I suspect you won't need to do that for a very long time.
Where are you on the island?
The Grizzly G1003 is the same machine.

MooseMeat

I have the Busy Bee version of that machine. I just rebuilt the spindle. Though judging by the ad I suspect you won't need to do that for a very long time.
Where are you on the island?
The Grizzly G1003 is the same machine.
hey,
just north of Nanaimo, I have been looking for a lathe for many years now and am able to finally afford one. I don't have the skill and knowledge to do much and I have an ambition to build myself a nice centre pin reel or three, as well as to modify/repair some of my older ones.

hey,
just north of Nanaimo, I have been looking for a lathe for many years now and am able to finally afford one. I don't have the skill and knowledge to do much and I have an ambition to build myself a nice centre pin reel or three, as well as to modify/repair some of my older ones.
Search out some of @eotrfish 's posts. He builds some beautiful fly reels for a little inspiration.....;)

DavidR8

Scrap maker
Administrator
Premium Member
hey,
@Dabbler also has the same lathe, had it for years and can attest to its capabilities.

DPittman

Ultra Member
Premium Member
Welcome. Great lathe to have as a first lathe. I had the King Canada version of it and wish I could have one again. Your lathe in the pictures looks like it is in very nice shape?