• Spring 2024 meetup in Calgary - tentative date Saturday, April 20/2024. Other regions are also discussing meet ups. If you want one in your area get going on organizing it! discussion
  • We are having email/registration problems again. Diagnosis is underway. New users sorry if you are having trouble getting registered. We are exploring different options to get registered. Contact the forum via another member or on facebook if you're stuck. Update -> we think it is fixed. Let us know if not.
  • Spring meet up in Ontario, April 6/2024. NEW LOCATION See Post #31 Discussion NEW LOCATION

Here goes nothing...YouTube Channel

SomeGuy

Hobbyist
So, if you've ever wondered about some of the stats behind the scenes on youtube...they have a live feed and a video I put up this evening just got picked up by "the algorithm":

1646193146947.png

Aarknoid

will be honest, your channel popped up on my feed on youtube before I realized you were on the forum, was about 2 weeks ago, a happy coincidence

SomeGuy

Hobbyist
will be honest, your channel popped up on my feed on youtube before I realized you were on the forum, was about 2 weeks ago, a happy coincidence
That's cool...technically the algorithm should be finding you vids that other similar people watch. So likely from someone here and you watching the same videos.

SomeGuy

Hobbyist
Tool Test Tuesday again folks! This time, actually a pretty good bargain for a drill. I paid $130 for the kit last year and it's surprisingly a good cordless drill, I actually prefer it over my bigger full size cordless drills:

LenVW

Process Machinery Designer
Premium Member
Gold quick video, Ryan.
Cleaning and lubricating the Caliper’s pins ensures full even wear on the pads.
This extends the rotor life and avoids early replacement of components.

How is your hunt for a mill going ?

SomeGuy

Hobbyist
Gold quick video, Ryan.
Cleaning and lubricating the Caliper’s pins ensures full even wear on the pads.
This extends the rotor life and avoids early replacement of components.

How is your hunt for a mill going ?

Thanks!

I check the used sites daily (marketplace, kijiji, auctions, etc.) but nothing yet. I might just order new from Precision Matthews this summer, especially if @CWret goes for one too and we can save on some transport costs.

LenVW

Process Machinery Designer
Premium Member
Precision Matthews has a nice unit - #PM-940S.
It has a larger working window then most knee mills.
About 1000 lbs.
but . .
I don’t think they are delivering it until sometime this summer.

YYCHM

(Craig)
Premium Member
About 1000 lbs.
but . .

Can't find a PM-940S. Got a link?

SomeGuy

Hobbyist
About 1000 lbs.
but . .

You've seen my garage...I don't have space for the 940. Might be able to squeeze a 932 in, but a 727 is probably more reasonable size.

SomeGuy

Hobbyist
Pffft. Talk to me when your mower is 35 years old and starts on the second pull after another winter in the shed. Lawnboy 2 cycle FTW!

Craig

I've got faith this Honda will be running for a long long time.

It replaced an old Briggs mower that just would not die (which is an idea I have for another video lol mower destruction sounds fun)...but was so long in the tooth it was time for something better.

6.5 Fan

Ultra Member
Premium Member
My lawn mower is not that old, maybe 15 months. Big, strong and slow moving, when we butcher him this fall he will feed us for a long time. :D Another advantage to farm life. Need to keep him off the range when i'm shooting though.