• Spring 2024 meetup in Calgary - date Saturday, April 20/2024. discussion Please RSVP Here to confirm and get your invitation and the location details. RSVP NOW so organizers can plan to get sufficient food etc. It's Tomorrow Saturday! you can still RSVP until I stop checking my phone tomorrow More info and agenda
  • We are having email/registration problems again. Diagnosis is underway. New users sorry if you are having trouble getting registered. We are exploring different options to get registered. Contact the forum via another member or on facebook if you're stuck. Update -> we think it is fixed. Let us know if not.
  • Spring meet up in Ontario, April 6/2024. NEW LOCATION See Post #31 Discussion AND THE NEW LOCATION

Hello from Pangnirtung, Nunavut.

They say patience is a virtue...... But I am virtually out of mine, glad to see someone has retained a little bit of theirs.... Good luck and let us know if we can be of any assistance, we probably won't be any more helpful than busy bee has been, but it might be fun sending a few scathing emails to customer service on your behalf. :p

Donald Mearns

They say patience is a virtue...... But I am virtually out of mine, glad to see someone has retained a little bit of theirs.... Good luck and let us know if we can be of any assistance, we probably won't be any more helpful than busy bee has been, but it might be fun sending a few scathing emails to customer service on your behalf. :p
The support is much appreciated!
And they wonder why old men are grumpy

Gordie

Blondihacks had her mill die:
Precision Mathews gave her great support on repair and subsequently, Matt gifted her with a new mill. Maybe if you were a YouTube creator with a large fan base ...

Safe travels Don

Susquatch

Ultra Member
Administrator
Premium Member
The support is much appreciated!
And they wonder why old men are grumpy

This really sucks Don. At a minimum, timely and honest regular feedback should be expected.

Too bad none of us live close enough to be able to help much. But I can definitely say with confidence that we would try to do it long distance - certainly way more than Busy Bee has done. It would be painful and pedantic but worth it in the long run.

Consider a chat with a journalist or your elected officials in Ottawa. They might elicit a stronger response from Busy Bee Management.

I just recently won a major battle with City Hall. Our trump card was a well organized constituency - there is great power in numbers.

I do agree that if I were in your shoes I would not come out swinging until it was absolutely necessary. But when that time came, I'd use the biggest hammer I could find in my tool box and I would hit as hard as I could. But only as a last resort after every attempt at being nice failed. The problem with swinging a heavy hammer is that it's a one way street that burns bridges even when it works. I think you are doing the right thing for now.

I would guess that they ordered a new control box for you from China. That will take time.

Susquatch

Ultra Member
Administrator
Premium Member
Not just a thousand members. But a thousand members with hundreds of contacts each! Pretty much everyone who would consider buying Busy Bee is watching.

whydontu

I Tried, It Broke
Premium Member
How does one set up a survey? Be some pretty good ammunition if we knew the scope of members who own BB product

Susquatch

Ultra Member
Administrator
Premium Member
@whydontu - Start a new thread and choose survey in the options. Has to be a new thread. Be careful how you choose the options as it can't be changed later on.

DPittman

Ultra Member
Premium Member
Sorry to hear of your troubles, but I'm not terribly surprised with Busy Bees response. They have proven to me time and again, that unless their product is the cheapest available on the market, their is no reason on God's green earth to buy from them.

But I better back up....I have just recently been pleasantly surprised that they had a lathe part in stock for me so I guess it has ALL been bad. But once bitten, twice shy.

I'm willing to bet that on a brand new machine the trouble is something small...a loose wire, bad fuse, etc.

Susquatch

Ultra Member
Administrator
Premium Member
Donald,
What part # Busy Bee Mill is it?

If he doesn't answer, he did say something about going on a trip or a vaca someplace.

He might have mentioned the mill model earlier in this thread too, but I didn't spot it.

jcdammeyer

John
Premium Member
@Susquatch said, he might have mentioned the mill model earlier in this thread too, but I didn't spot it.

see @Donald Mearns first post, second paragraph, Quote "recently added a CX601 mill" unquote.

Is that what you're looking for?

Attn: @jcdammeyer FYI
I too went looking and totally missed that. I've bought a lot of Busy Bee stuff over the last 40 years or so. I was thinking of also posting a link to this thread and bringing it to their attention.

YotaBota

Mike
Premium Member
I think because of where you are they should just send you a new, PRE-TESTED machine.
Did the machine actually go thru a BB store or did it come to direct to you from overseas?
Hopefully this is the only issue you have and get to enjoy building stuff.

Crosche

Super User
Welcome to the forum and Greetings from Calgary!

I can't imagine how frustrating it must be to be materials in such a remote location. No doubt it must instill a great deal of patience, ingenuity and focus when working with limited resources.

Cheers,

Chad

Janger

(John)
Administrator
Vendor
Hey Don
We did have one member with bb machine trouble and it turned out to be the fuse holder. Something to check while you wait. Same symptom just dead.
John