• Spring 2024 meetup in Calgary - date Saturday, April 20/2024. discussion Please RSVP Here to confirm and get your invitation and the location details. RSVP NOW so organizers can plan to get sufficient food etc. One week to go! More info and agenda
  • We are having email/registration problems again. Diagnosis is underway. New users sorry if you are having trouble getting registered. We are exploring different options to get registered. Contact the forum via another member or on facebook if you're stuck. Update -> we think it is fixed. Let us know if not.
  • Spring meet up in Ontario, April 6/2024. NEW LOCATION See Post #31 Discussion AND THE NEW LOCATION

Heading East! Ya Mule Ya!

mikoyan31

Stewie
Hey @Brent H stumbled across this thread here. Guess we're gonna be "neighbors" for values of neighbor being about an hour drive up river from you.

If you want help unloading or unpacking or shoot the sh*t with someone relatively local, let me know. Full disclosure: hoping to finally meet somoene ELSE interested in this hobby in meat space and possibly gain some knowledge via osmosis!

Brent H

Ultra Member
@mikoyan31 - that is great you are super close!!! 1 hour is nothing like the 16 plus hours I have been driving - LOL!

New shop going in hopeful on May/June - gonna be a beauty!!!

Just drove another load here yesterday- 8 ton dump trailer with my tractor, bush hog, grading blade and a bunch of steel and other shop stuff. Crazy poor weather. About 17 hours - ugh!! Unloaded today and spent 5 hours plowing the driveway.

It is encouraging to have a 6 to 7 beer drive though ;)

ShawnR

Ultra Member
Premium Member
Hey @Brent H ! Being wrapped up in my own reno's, I missed this whole thread, but I just caught up. Great updates. You are a working machine and making great progress! Congratulations on it all coming together. Looking forward to further updates!

Cheers,
Shawno

Brent H

Ultra Member
Well, that last drive was crazy shite! No plows for 200 km and it added 2 hours of white nuckling trying to stay on a whited out highway!! Arrived to about 1.5 feet of heavy snow and unpacking the tractor was necessary!!

920A989A-3047-4D1B-B3FC-0F24C66A0E08.jpeg 25B0AC3A-9E64-467B-8A48-3FFE746CCAF1.jpeg

Got another dump last night. So the tractor was in use most of today!

Departing for the other house early tomorrow morning. Will be a quick turn around as I will load another trailer full and head back Christmas Eve. That should be the last big trailer load until spring and the full out home transition.

DavidR8

Scrap maker
Administrator
Premium Member
Well, that last drive was crazy shite! No plows for 200 km and it added 2 hours of white nuckling trying to stay on a whited out highway!! Arrived to about 1.5 feet of heavy snow and unpacking the tractor was necessary!!

View attachment 29042View attachment 29043

Departing for the other house early tomorrow morning. Will be a quick turn around as I will load another trailer full and head back Christmas Eve. That should be the last big trailer load until spring and the full out home transition.
Mein gott! What is all that white stuff??? :D

Susquatch

Ultra Member
Administrator
Premium Member

You are scaring our BC members you know....

I bought a 7ft snow blower for my loader tractor. I've never regretted it. WAAAAY better than a blade. It will put snow the snow 100 ft downwind and packs it in enough that it doesn't come back even if the wind reverses.

DavidR8

Scrap maker
Administrator
Premium Member
You are scaring our BC members you know....

I bought a 7ft snow blower for my loader tractor. I've never regretted it. WAAAAY better than a blade. It will put snow the snow 100 ft downwind and packs it in enough that it doesn't come back even if the wind reverses.
Strictly speaking only scaring those BC'ers in non-snow country. Inland they get mucho snow.
Back when I lived in AB I had a John Deere 828D walkbehind snowblower. Thing was amazing. If I lived in snow country I'd only have a snowblower.

historicalarms

Ultra Member

View attachment 29042View attachment 29043

Things could be worse Brent , you could have spent $5000 on a Hawaiian winter holiday only to have it Blizzard as it is on the big Island today...bikini's with parka cover-ups.

historicalarms

Ultra Member
I have owned snow blowers & dozers and you couldnt give me a snow blower...They are a man killer to handle unless you get at the snow the minute it quits falling (Susquatch's tractor mounted blower excuded from this rant), My 4x4 Kubota with a 4 way dozer is a breeze to run even for an old fool.