Dan Dubeau
Ultra Member
Ya, but it's 2x the price of regular green filament. 😀
And you can only use it at the dealer.Ya, but it's 2x the price of regular green filament. 😀
Last farm I was at, said they don't own more than two tractors. They said they lease around 9 million dollars worth of equipment every two years. If it breaks down it's the dealers problemAnd you can only use it at the dealer.
I use both. The clips and the holes. Depends on how it's being stored. The cereal boxes with RH meters like @Arbutus posted are easy to use with just the filament in the hole. More of a pain if into a bag and then the original box. Or bend through both holes and it leaves the end kinked which needs to be trimmed off or try to bend it straight.Someone earlier mentioned keepers for filament on opened spools.
My Bambu spools come with built in keepers - each 90 degrees apart.
View attachment 83869
An inch or 2 of painters tape works well and doesn't leave any residue on the filament.Someone earlier mentioned keepers for filament on opened spools.
My Bambu spools come with built in keepers - each 90 degrees apart.
View attachment 83869
Rookie mistake.I ran across this shopping for filaments to make my bride happy. It's a box of colour swatches for the designer in us.
![]()
Bambu Filament Swatch
ca.store.bambulab.com
I also noticed that bambu has a PLA TOUGH Filament.
Rookie mistake.
The proper move is to tell your beloved that filament only comes in black, white and grey.
Immediately cuts the silly prints down by 70% at least.
And PLA Tough is discontinued and will be gone when supplies are out.
I ordered that too and one also came in the printer box. So now I have two.I ran across this shopping for filaments to make my bride happy. It's a box of colour swatches for the designer in us.
![]()
Bambu Filament Swatch
ca.store.bambulab.com
I also noticed that bambu has a PLA TOUGH Filament.
What glue @PeterT or Anyone do you think works best with PETG? I have some "acrylic" glue I got at spool3d.ca and also just super glue. Clamping helps. It's only ok. I wish I had a better option. Perhaps I'm not prepping correctly?They threw that swatch in for free with my A1. And yes I recall some colors were no longer showing online, so dont make promises. I have no rel use for the coupons, so have been using them to test adhesives, paint, mold release... stuff like that
Silly prints! That's my department. lately it is rockets...Rookie mistake.
The proper move is to tell your beloved that filament only comes in black, white and grey.
Immediately cuts the silly prints down by 70% at least.
I use hair spray. Specifically L'Oreal Elnett Satin filtched from my wife's supply. Just a light spray on the smooth plate makes PETG really hard to remove. On the textured it still holds but easier to pull off.What glue @PeterT or Anyone do you think works best with PETG? I have some "acrylic" glue I got at spool3d.ca and also just super glue. Clamping helps. It's only ok. I wish I had a better option. Perhaps I'm not prepping correctly?
I thought he was talking about glueing petg parts together?I use hair spray. Specifically L'Oreal Elnett Satin filtched from my wife's supply. Just a light spray on the smooth plate makes PETG really hard to remove. On the textured it still holds but easier to pull off.
To answer the glue question - there are basically three types of plastic - Low, Medium and High Surface Energy. Usually abbreviated as LSE, MSE and HSE.What glue @PeterT or Anyone do you think works best with PETG? I have some "acrylic" glue I got at spool3d.ca and also just super glue. Clamping helps. It's only ok. I wish I had a better option. Perhaps I'm not prepping correctly?
Typo Arbutus?LSEs such as Delrin ....
Delrin is actually an HSE plastic with some LSE surface properties ! Go figure. Basically it can be extruded and cast just like Nylon, but it retains a slippery surface. It is very difficult to print due to bed adhesion problems. To solve this Magigoo PA adhesive can work for Delrin (POM) if you are very careful with speeds and flowrate.Typo Arbutus?
fixed!Typo Arbutus?
I did meant gluing petg parts together but hair spray on the bed for adhesion? I like that idea and will try it. I sometimes use glue stick but it makes a mess and I don't like the clean up.I thought he was talking about glueing petg parts together?