• Spring 2024 meetup in Calgary - tentative date Saturday, April 20/2024. Other regions are also discussing meet ups. If you want one in your area get going on organizing it! discussion
  • We are having email/registration problems again. Diagnosis is underway. New users sorry if you are having trouble getting registered. We are exploring different options to get registered. Contact the forum via another member or on facebook if you're stuck. Update -> we think it is fixed. Let us know if not.
  • Spring meet up in Ontario, April 6/2024. NEW LOCATION See Post #31 Discussion NEW LOCATION

Electronic lead screw ELS - Rocketronics solution on Modern Tool C0636 lathe

Janger

(John)
Administrator
Vendor
@gerritv good solution to the cross slide hitting the motor & mount. I think on my lathe I could cut down the cross slide as the part that sticks out past the end of the dove tail isn't doing anything anyway. That seems drastic though - I'll see how my big standoff works and either keep it OR adopt mounting on the side with a pulley as you did Gerrit.

Janger

(John)
Administrator
Vendor
So today I figured out how to get my high flow 0.8mm nozzle working on the prusa. (Bond tech chat nozzle) Using it I managed to take a 6 hour print job down to 2.5 hours! I used the prusa supplied print defaults in their slicer for 0.8mm nozzle and also turned up the print speed to 120% without any consequences.

The results are cruder no doubt but it feels heftier and is stiffer / stronger too. The dice objects are the voron printer test print objects. One is 0.4mm nozzle at 0.2mm layer height - the other is 0.8mm nozzle at 0.55mm layer height. It’s cruder no doubt but if you don’t need the resolution then the high speed is a great trade off.

Interesting the supports were cleaner and easier to rip off with the 0.8mm nozzle. I think I’ve got a better doubling speed now. Hopefully that will keep me going till the prusa XL ships. I think it might be here by Christmas.

Anybody interested in speeding up their printer I suggest one of these high flow nozzles in a larger size is a pretty good option.

Attachments

• 21E509F3-4DAC-4B81-893A-F1A2AEF82C72.jpeg
    21E509F3-4DAC-4B81-893A-F1A2AEF82C72.jpeg
    413 KB · Views: 9
  • 7B5BFC58-20D3-43CD-B887-AB596488B4AB.jpeg
    7B5BFC58-20D3-43CD-B887-AB596488B4AB.jpeg
    337.7 KB · Views: 9
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    435.6 KB · Views: 9

Susquatch

Ultra Member
Administrator
Premium Member
Look at all these revs…

That's what makes 3D printing so cool. You can revise to your hearts content till you are happy.

Now if only I could get Fusion to like me. Holy crap it's painful. I barely figure out one thing and it bites me again!

Anyways, very cool mount John!