Electronic lead screw ELS - Rocketronics solution on Modern Tool C0636 lathe

Proxule

Ultra Member
How was the dog shipped?

Where is this ELS kit from or what did I miss here?
I want to play too!

Janger

(John)
Administrator
Vendor
Yippee, you will have fun fun fun now

Gerrit
@gerritv - how did you wire in your estop? Did you incorporate it into the lathe estop or do you have 2 stop buttons? I have the lathe stop button on the head stock and also the foot pedal stop. I assume the lathe stop button is a single pole so I'll have to replace it with a double pole.

And where did you get your 24V power supply?

gerritv

Gerrit
@gerritv - how did you wire in your estop? Did you incorporate it into the lathe estop or do you have 2 stop buttons? I have the lathe stop button on the head stock and also the foot pedal stop. I assume the lathe stop button is a single pole so I'll have to replace it with a double pole.

And where did you get your 24V power supply?
No eStop yet, need to order one. If I am worried at all I keep my finger hovered over the Stop on the ELS panel. The hints they give is to wire the eStop to the ELS, it will do a controlled stop. Esp. useful if you also wire in the motor speed to VFD interface. Just dropping power would leave a spinning chuck, controlled means you get motor stop action from the motor contorl, as in braking if any.

24V supply is presently a 1.5A wall wart.

I am getting the manual cerlox'd today, it doesn't like being open to any particular page :)

Susquatch

Ultra Member
Administrator
Premium Member
only if you like AC, this needs DC.

In my simple mind, it was obvious that some diodes were also needed. But you are absolutely right. Not everyone would know that. It's hard to beat the availability and low cost of doorbell transformers. They are at every corner hardware store, building supply place, and maybe even free in your own home if you have moved up to doorbell cameras and battery operated wireless doorbells and the like.

I guess I should also add that depending on the circuit requirements, a few caps or even a regulator might be needed too.

Many furnaces also contain 24V transformers. Some even contain an entire regulated 24V DC power supply.

So much for not getting involved...... LOL!