• Scam Alert. Members are reminded to NOT send money to buy anything. Don't buy things remote and have it shipped - go get it yourself, pay in person, and take your equipment with you. Scammers have burned people on this forum. Urgency, secrecy, excuses, selling for friend, newish members, FUD, are RED FLAGS. A video conference call is not adequate assurance. Face to face interactions are required. Please report suspicions to the forum admins. Stay Safe - anyone can get scammed.

DavidR8's shop shenanigans

Ok just wondering my front path has been pushed apart a good 3“ in some spots by the growth! Surprises the heck out of me I haven’t watered since the 80’s.

The primary reason for doing this is so that it’s easier to move our 740lb motorcycle around the driveway.
Hoping to forestall the purchase of a lighter bike, aka a BMW R1200RT.
She lives in this.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    566.3 KB · Views: 1
1200RT would be awesome- go for it!
I took a new 850GS for a test ride - loved it but sadly it didn’t follow me home.

I took a new 850GS for a test ride - loved it but sadly it didn’t follow me home.
We rented a 2015 for a week down in Palo Alto. Absolutely brilliant bike. I need to save some pennies and find a good deal on a 2010-2014. DOHC but not water cooled.

My last 4 bikes were European - the Japanese are terrific but the European have more character.
We like our ST but it lacks creature comforts and like you say it doesn’t have any ‘soul’
And it weighs a lot. Lifting it off the side stand is no joke.

I’d love to have cruise control, heated grips and heated seats.
Only the heated grips can be added to the ST. When we went down the Oregon Coast in 2018 we froze because it was so cold in the mornings.
We shall see.

Mine were all dirt bikes - the last 2 had heated grips (Husky and a Sherco). Rode all year including studded tires on the ice. Heated grips are oh so very nice. A ‘must have’ option IMO.

Mine were all dirt bikes - the last 2 had heated grips (Husky and a Sherco). Rode all year including studded tires on the ice. Heated grips are oh so very nice. A ‘must have’ option IMO.
All the electronics were nice on the RT; the electronic suspension adjustment was super handy. We were in Palo Alto so my wife could attend a conference at Stanford.
So I’d drop her off in the morning (suspension set for two-up, comfort, no luggage) then I’d switch it to rider only, sport, no luggage, ride the canyons all day then pick her up at the end of the day and change the suspension settings back.
The navigation system was excellent and paired up to our Sena headsets no problem.
Very deluxe.
We went to Sausalito and got stuck in rush hour traffic on the way back. Bike never skipped a beat and the hill holder feature was a godsend in the San Francisco hills.

When we lived in Victoria we use to night ride to either Mill Bay over the Malahat or ride out to Sydney for pizza, fingers always froze going through deadman’s flats.
We did take a day trip up to longbeach where we sat on the beach for about a half hour and went back to Victoria.

When we lived in Victoria we use to night ride to either Mill Bay over the Malahat or ride out to Sydney for pizza, fingers always froze going through deadman’s flats.
We did take a day trip up to longbeach where we sat on the beach for about a half hour and went back to Victoria.
There are great day trips around here. We often do an all back roads loop out to Sidney and back. Great riding and scenery.

I'm lucky to have one of each of those. I have a 2019 F850GSA and a new 23 R1250RT. Love them both for different reasons and uses.

All the electronics were nice on the RT; the electronic suspension adjustment was super handy. We were in Palo Alto so my wife could attend a conference at Stanford.
So I’d drop her off in the morning (suspension set for two-up, comfort, no luggage) then I’d switch it to rider only, sport, no luggage, ride the canyons all day then pick her up at the end of the day and change the suspension settings back.

The new RT is really sweet, you don't even need to reset the suspension as it self adjusts to the load with the Dynamic ESA. Just choose your riding mode and go.

I'm lucky to have one of each of those. I have a 2019 F850GSA and a new 23 R1250RT. Love them both for different reasons and uses.

The new RT is really sweet, you don't even need to reset the suspension as it self adjusts to the load with the Dynamic ESA. Just choose your riding mode and go.
I’d love a new one but $38K out the door is a bit pricey.

Back