• Scam Alert. Members are reminded to NOT send money to buy anything. Don't buy things remote and have it shipped - go get it yourself, pay in person, and take your equipment with you. Scammers have burned people on this forum. Urgency, secrecy, excuses, selling for friend, newish members, FUD, are RED FLAGS. A video conference call is not adequate assurance. Face to face interactions are required. Please report suspicions to the forum admins. Stay Safe - anyone can get scammed.

DavidR8's shop shenanigans

Darren

Ultra Member
Premium Member
Nice work.

They make brackets for the bench that you want. Home hardware had em last time I needed them

Susquatch

Ultra Member
Administrator
Premium Member
If I were you, I'd make that bench the whole wall and tie it down to the deck. Otherwise you are gunna have to lag the railing into that new oyster shell stucco of yours.

Which begs the dumb question, why didn't you put a post in the back against the wall?

DavidR8

Scrap maker
Administrator
Premium Member
If I were you, I'd make that bench the whole wall and tie it down to the deck. Otherwise you are gunna have to lag the railing into that new oyster shell stucco of yours.

Which begs the dumb question, why didn't you put a post in the back against the wall?
I have now. That photo was prior to installing the post.

jcdammeyer

John
Premium Member
That picture reminds me of painting our bedroom in our new house. When I first glanced at your picture above I thought, why did you leave a bare spot on the railing closest to the house. Then I realized it was the sun reflecting. Now I can't see it as not painted anymore. Like one of those drawings that looks one way and then clicks and looks different.

We painted our bedroom a pale yellow before we actually moved in. To cover an awful looking green. After the first coat it was clear I needed a second coat as it had a definite green tinge. Which I did. When dry I looked at it and thought. What crap yellow is this? Still green showing through. Came back that evening to paint third coat and now it was light yellow like we expected.

Turns out the sun, reflecting off the green trees and bushes outside the window made the yellow look green. One coat would have been enough.

Last edited:

Susquatch

Ultra Member
Administrator
Premium Member
I've done it too. I think the human brain is hardwired to remember things we don't like. Things we like are not so easily remembered. That's why it will continue to look green for years to come.

It's the same with all the things I did wrong in my whole life. My bride cannot forget them no matter how many wonderful things I have done for her since.