• Scam Alert. Members are reminded to NOT send money to buy anything. Don't buy things remote and have it shipped - go get it yourself, pay in person, and take your equipment with you. Scammers have burned people on this forum. Urgency, secrecy, excuses, selling for friend, newish members, FUD, are RED FLAGS. A video conference call is not adequate assurance. Face to face interactions are required. Please report suspicions to the forum admins. Stay Safe - anyone can get scammed.

DavidR8's shop shenanigans

Popped in to see @DavidR8 today to borrow his bottle of pipe thread sealant. Got a tour of his new little add on shed for compressor and sawdust system. Very very nice.
And then all the 3D printed drawer organizers. Makes my drawers look like a bomb hit it. The gridwork behind all his organizer trays reminded me of a wall system and also an under desk and table system for keeping wires under control.

The You Tuber is a British woman who actually appears to know what she's talking about aside from the fact that she's also nice to look at.

Thanks for the kind words John!
And the link :)

Popped in to see @DavidR8 today to borrow his bottle of pipe thread sealant. Got a tour of his new little add on shed for compressor and sawdust system. Very very nice.
And then all the 3D printed drawer organizers. Makes my drawers look like a bomb hit it. The gridwork behind all his organizer trays reminded me of a wall system and also an under desk and table system for keeping wires under control.

The You Tuber is a British woman who actually appears to know what she's talking about aside from the fact that she's also nice to look at.

Finished the air cooler installation.
Pretty astonishing results.

After filling the tank from empty, my infrared thermometer measured 248 F at the head outlet and at the bottom outlet of the cooler it read 72 F.
Approximately a teaspoon of water came out of the air/water separator.
Darn pleased with that result.
View attachment 46476View attachment 46477View attachment 46478View attachment 46479
David do you recall what type of fitting was required to hook the 3/8 copper to the compressor and compressor tank?
So far I gathered everything but the compression fittings.

David do you recall what type of fitting was required to hook the 3/8 copper to the compressor and compressor tank?
So far I gathered everything but the compression fittings.
Honestly, they are just standard compression fittings but it seems every compressor is different.
Mine has a tapped hole and then a compression fitting is used to reduce to 3/8 NPT.

Honestly, they are just standard compression fittings but it seems every compressor is different.
Mine has a tapped hole and then a compression fitting is used to reduce to 3/8 NPT.
I have the same sanbourn compressor. Are the thread 3/8 npt? do you recall?

Garage roof rebuild starts the week of August 12!
The approach is as follows:

-install a 3 ply 14” LVL top flush beam in place of the existing drop beam.
-demo existing roofing and sheathing (replace with new T&G attic floor sheathing)
-cut off existing overhang to flush up ceiling joist with wall framing (add rim joist)
-hand cut rafters (4/12 pitch) span the 19ft~ width of the accessory. building with 24inch~ overhangs installed at 16inch o/c . Each end gable will have 16inch~ lookouts finished with comb-faced trim barge boards.
-1/2” ply standard fir roof sheathing
-synthetic underlayment, Malarkey Highlander shingles or (similar) 4 roof vents
-4 panel aluminum vented soffit (white or black), continuous K-style gutter with down spouts (x 2)
-gable siding horizontal hardie plank (7-1/4” exposure)
-ceiling insulated with R28 Fiberglass insulation, 6 mil poly vapour barrier
-1/2”pre finished birch ply installed as finished ceiling
-electrical 4 garage lights installed inside, 4 pot lights installed outside, 2 porcelain lights installed in attic space. (Three switches total)
-1 ton Fujitsu ductless heat pump (heat pump model AOUH12LPAS1) (Wall head model ASUH12LPAS)
-Exhaust Fan 80/110/130 cfm~
-passive air duct 4”/wall vent
-recessed ladder attic access (insulated)
-cut down exterior door in gable end closest to house (fibre glass smooth panel)

Probably a "duh" question but do you have internet in the shop? We just rewired the house with Cat6 and I have some left if you need to upgrade.

Probably a "duh" question but do you have internet in the shop? We just rewired the house with Cat6 and I have some left if you need to upgrade.
Funny you should mention that actually. The cable line runs right over the garage and has to be moved eventually. Shaw says they can run it into the attic of the shop and then to the house.
I’m thinking about running a Cat5 or Cat6 cable to the garage as my wifi booster is pretty marginal.
How much do you have?

We just rewired the house with Cat6

I wired my whole house with
Cat6 when we bought it too. It was a waste of time for us. Our internet service is so slow that WiFi kicks its ass. Mesh leaves everything except my file server in the rear view mirror.

I'll double check but I think there's about 400' left in the box.

We (OH) bought a new router, two Access Points and we installed a new comms box and patch panel.

Our internet service is so slow that WiFi kicks its ass
When you say WIFI are you referring to cell.

I'll double check but I think there's about 400' left in the box.

We (OH) bought a new router, two Access Points and we installed a new comms box and patch panel.

When you say WIFI are you referring to cell.
Well if you’re offering I’ll likely take you up on it. :)
I’m likely going to run new power to the shop as there’s only 40A service now and I’d like to have 60A. Adding a heat pump so that’s an additional draw that I don’t have now.
While I’m at it I might as well run Ethernet cable too.

Back