• Scam Alert. Members are reminded to NOT send money to buy anything. Don't buy things remote and have it shipped - go get it yourself, pay in person, and take your equipment with you. Scammers have burned people on this forum. Urgency, secrecy, excuses, selling for friend, newish members, FUD, are RED FLAGS. A video conference call is not adequate assurance. Face to face interactions are required. Please report suspicions to the forum admins. Stay Safe - anyone can get scammed.

DavidR8's shop shenanigans

YotaBota

Mike
Premium Member
My feeling is hurt, you don't want to be my neighbour! LOL, just toying with your emotion.;)

I can see you moving, with value of the property, the cost of the garage/suite and all the jacking around with Saannich, I'd move as well.

Nice shop, and there's room for wall hugger door openers.

Susquatch

Ultra Member
Administrator
Premium Member
Not surprising that place had an accepted offer

Don't really know the rules there, but around here, if there are conditions on the accepted offer, you should be able to make an offer without conditions......

DavidR8

Scrap maker
Administrator
Premium Member
Don't really know the rules there, but around here, if there are conditions on the accepted offer, you should be able to make an offer without conditions......
The same applies here too but the realtor said she didn't expect any issues with lifting the conditions.
We will bide our time as we're not really ready to sell just yet.

mmcmdl

Machinist/Toolmaker ( retired )
Dave , you're laughing , but if I had that , the wife would NEVER see me . insert thumbs up emoji !

mbond

Premium Member
No properties are really sold until the closing - that's when the money and the deed change hands

DavidR8

Scrap maker
Administrator
Premium Member
Dave , you're laughing , but if I had that , the wife would NEVER see me . insert thumbs up emoji !
Oh I know... I was drooling. 14 ft ceilings with 1200 sq ft about all ready to be finished as a suite.

mmcmdl

Machinist/Toolmaker ( retired )
Oh I know... I was drooling. 14 ft ceilings with 1200 sq ft about all ready to be finished as a suite.
I always tell the wife our dream home is a one bedroom , one bath house ..................with a 24 car garage . She says we would outgrow it in no time . And I tell her I could add onto the garage whenever needed . ;)

Last edited:

Hruul

Lee - metalworking novice
How high was that house and garage above what looked like a flood plain behind it? Maybe the boats were in the garage for a reason?!

DavidR8

Scrap maker
Administrator
Premium Member
How high was that house and garage above what looked like a flood plain behind it? Maybe the boats were in the garage for a reason?!
It's definitely not on a flood plain. Boats a super common here because there's water all around us, basically 20 mins or so in any direction is salt water.

Hruul

Lee - metalworking novice
It's definitely not on a flood plain. Boats a super common here because there's water all around us, basically 20 mins or so in any direction is salt water.
I assumed the boats were for other locations. But I could not tell the elevation of the house from the background water/grass area.