DavidR8's shop shenanigans

Susquatch

Ultra Member
Administrator
Premium Member
Nice @David_R8 ! Looks like my kind of shop. I think you described it perfectly!

Edit - Btw, I see you got your photo uploads working again.

DavidR8

Scrap maker
Administrator
Premium Member
This is what I’m thinking about for redesign.
Woodworking on the left side. Motorcycle storage is at the top right and metal work will be in the lower right.
785FBD53-4FCE-4BFF-9BE1-3CFC0821F256.jpeg

Susquatch

Ultra Member
Administrator
Premium Member
This is what I’m thinking about for redesign.
Woodworking on the left side. Motorcycle storage is at the top right and metal work will be in the lower right.
View attachment 22539

I like it. My place is organized chaos too. But I did separate wood working from metal working. No curtain or walls. But there is a big multilevel storage rack system in between them that I got from a pet shop when they were renovating. They were taking them to the scrap yard. But they are heavy duty racks rated for skids so I offered to drive them away for them! Wish I was there two days earlier.

Dan Dubeau

Ultra Member
I got rid of my woodworking tools from my shop too. Some out in the barn, others in the basement. Garage went strictly metal. I made the mistake a couple weeks ago of cutting some 2x4s out there It was cold outside :D. on the miter saw, and was instantly reminded of why mixing the two in one space is a bad idea lol. I'm still reminded of it weeks later as the wood dust just gets everywhere.

Looks like a great space David.

DavidR8

Scrap maker
Administrator
Premium Member
I like it. My place is organized chaos too. But I did separate wood working from metal working. No curtain or walls. But there is a big multilevel storage rack system in between them that I got from a pet shop when they were renovating. They were taking them to the scrap yard. But they are heavy duty racks rated for skids so I offered to drive them away for them! Wish I was there two days earlier.
Part of the reason for the wall is to gain some more wall space.

DavidR8

Scrap maker
Administrator
Premium Member
I got rid of my woodworking tools from my shop too. Some out in the barn, others in the basement. Garage went strictly metal. I made the mistake a couple weeks ago of cutting some 2x4s out there It was cold outside :D. on the miter saw, and was instantly reminded of why mixing the two in one space is a bad idea lol. I'm still reminded of it weeks later as the wood dust just gets everywhere.

Looks like a great space David.
It works pretty well for my small projects. I wouldn't want to build a set of kitchen cabinets in there. Well maybe I would :)

phaxtris

(Ryan)
Premium Member
Premium Member
@David_R8 just wait until near the end of the job, bring a 24 to the job super and you'll walk out with all the extra brick angle, lintels and crap the structural guys left behind...it all ends up in the bin anyhow

DavidR8

Scrap maker
Administrator
Premium Member
King Canada pdm30
You will have to make some of your own brackets. I used a few pieces of the kit brackets but had to fabricate a bunch of stuff.
Have you seen my install thread?

Blouin55

Michel
You will have to make some of your own brackets. I used a few pieces of the kit brackets but had to fabricate a bunch of stuff.
Have you seen my install thread?
I think i made a mistake...
I'm talking about installation of the power feeder.