• Scam Alert. Members are reminded to NOT send money to buy anything. Don't buy things remote and have it shipped - go get it yourself, pay in person, and take your equipment with you. Scammers have burned people on this forum. Urgency, secrecy, excuses, selling for friend, newish members, FUD, are RED FLAGS. A video conference call is not adequate assurance. Face to face interactions are required. Please report suspicions to the forum admins. Stay Safe - anyone can get scammed.

DavidR8's shop shenanigans

Clausing is packed up and gone.
Move went very smoothly.
Also discovered why the Busy Bee was so darned loud.
Seems when I was leveling the base I managed to push the headstock up against the wall so the whole shop was like a big amplifier.
Moved it away from the wall and it’s much quieter now.

All this chitter chatter about gears and my recent foray into printing gears plus a couple of projects I have on the roster; collectively projects #40 and #41 will need some curved slots got me in the spending mood.
So I bought a rotary table, dividing plates and gear cutters.

All this chitter chatter about gears and my recent foray into printing gears plus a couple of projects I have on the roster; collectively projects #40 and #41 will need some curved slots got me in the spending mood.
So I bought a rotary table, dividing plates and gear cutters.
Nothing beats a good excuse to get new tools...... I just found cause for a metal brake, shrinker, and bead roller. An English wheel is likely in the near future......

Well I was all set to connect my faux fog buster setup tonight but discovered that the fluid supply inlet on the mister thingy is 4mm not the 8mm I was expecting. So it will have to wait till tomorrow.
If the new bearings arrive for the countershaft I'll install those instead.

Back