Dabblings

Dabbler

ersatz engineer
we had an adventure on eclipse day.

We wanted to see the Quebec countryside, s we set out on highway 201, then east on 202 to Hemmingford, just north of the us border. On the strength of a very short random meeting, a complete stranger invited us to their house. We thought it was for lunch, as w were 3 hours early, but they intended to have us stay for the whole eclipse!

My french is almost non-existant, and chris is semi-lingual, but our hosts hardly spoke any english at all! They invided a neighbour who is bilingual, but we mostly communicated by almost understanding, and used her only as a last resort. Sounds like it could have been a nightmare, but it was great! Amazing how much fun it was, just patience from both sides and a willingness to accept the language gap.

We had a ***fantastic*** time!

We left this morning from Montreal, and are typing this in Wawa. Next stop Brandon. It has been a super trip!

Dabbler

ersatz engineer
Relaxing today after arriving in Calgary at 1AM. Just over 10,200km total in 18 days.

I wan to thank everyone that opened their shop and spent time with me. Truly an inspiration to get cracking on cleaning up my own!

After I get everything unloaded and the necessaries of truck maintenance taken care of, I'll be sharing here the wonderful bounty that I acquired along the way!

Susquatch

Ultra Member
Administrator
Premium Member
If I just drove 10,000 km in two and a half weeks, I'd need to sleep for 2 months to recover!

By then, I'd have forgotten how organized everyone else's shop was and just be happy to be making messes in my own.

Glad you made it ok, and happy that you shared some of your precious time with us.