• Scam Alert. Members are reminded to NOT send money to buy anything. Don't buy things remote and have it shipped - go get it yourself, pay in person, and take your equipment with you. Scammers have burned people on this forum. Urgency, secrecy, excuses, selling for friend, newish members, FUD, are RED FLAGS. A video conference call is not adequate assurance. Face to face interactions are required. Please report suspicions to the forum admins. Stay Safe - anyone can get scammed.

Dabblings

Finally some good news! energy is up, and the need for sleep has begun to lessen. Last 24hrs it was only 12 hrs sleep, and this morning I woke up with more energy. Possibly by the weekend I can be up to 50%!!
While half assed is generally never considered to be a good thing, in health terms it is considerably better than dead assed.

I’m glad you are starting to feel better @Dabbler .

Hopefully back to shop dabblings instead of bed and couch dabblings soon!

I had a weird thing a few weeks ago where I got a random fever/headache twice in a couple weeks and took a few days to recover each time. I’m 31 and quite healthy without any existing conditions and also almost never get sick… also not up to date at all on any v of any type.

I’m actually quite thankful you guys had that discussion about the COVID stuff and V stuff and I get to read it…. I was definately on the other side of things back in the COVID times, and now I guess as well.

I’m not arguing for / against that or anything right now, or trying to defend my position, or attack anyone else’s. Only stating where I’m at for perspective for you guys to give some context to the comment.

I don’t really ever get to see the perspectives and conversations of people that are on the other side of those things because my real life social circles are extremely homogenous when it comes to those topics…. So it ends up being a sounding chamber for the same thoughts. Same with social media feeds, more of the same echo chamber stuff.

I’m sure it’s the same thing on the flip side as well.

Seeing you guys respectfully talk about it is refreshing. This is probably the only platform I engage with at all that isnt unified on politics / religion stuff. And certainly the only platform where touching the fringes of a topic like that doesn’t lead to an insult rodeo. So I appreciate that.

I guess we are all unified on the love of making things out of metal instead which is super cool.

Really appreciate this forum.

Guess i'm lucky, sort of. Haven't been sick with anything for a long time, over a year. Had a bout of arthritis 2 weeks ago which agitated my carpal tunnel. Thumb and 2 fingers are useless and numb and hurt at the same time. :( Can't hold cutlery in my right hand properly, cup of coffee is painful to pick up, can't hold a rifle or pull a trigger and shopwork sucks when using one hand, the wrong hand at that. Oh ya, using the computer mouse with the left hand really sucks, always pushing the wrong frickken button.

Back