Dabblings

gerritv

Gerrit
This explains our phone call mixup. It was indeed East of StKits as you kept saying, but not Welland which is west - but rather Niagara on the Lake which is indeed East.
Everything is upside down on this sideof Lake Ontario, it's taken a few years to change from saying 'going down to the lake' to 'going up to the lake'. Although the latter is better known as 'going to the north end' end. It's like learning anohter version of English. :)

CWret

Ultra Member
Premium Member
Ya. Lived in Kingston, Toronto and Burlington - going south was always ‘down to the lake’. Then I worked in St Catharines and going north was ‘down to the lake’. As a kid, north was always up, but not in StKits.

pdentrem

Dabblings
i just tried your number but it is on eternal rings.
Pierre from Fort Erie which is south of St Kitts

Susquatch

Ultra Member
Administrator
Premium Member
Dabblings
i just tried your number but it is on eternal rings.
Pierre from Fort Erie which is south of St Kitts

If you send me a PM with your phone number, I can reach him for you.

He might see your note here, but it could be days. In the meantime, I'll let him know you are trying to reach him.

Edit - all good. Thanks for the PM. He will call you.

Are you going to the meetup on the 6th?

Dabbler

ersatz engineer
I got to meet @That-Guy and @Martin w today. Saw some beautiful 'heavy iron' and had great chats! It is really great to see the skill sets and then depth of skills that everyone that I've met has! I never doubted it, but it is still humbling to get to know all of you!

Got a few goodies today, thanks to their generosity. Never expected it, a sweet surprise on top of everything!

That-Guy

Premium Member
I got to meet @That-Guy and @Martin w today. Saw some beautiful 'heavy iron' and had great chats! It is really great to see the skill sets and then depth of skills that everyone that I've met has! I never doubted it, but it is still humbling to get to know all of you!

Got a few goodies today, thanks to their generosity. Never expected it, a sweet surprise on top of everything!
It was great to meet you in person. More than welcome anytime!! Was a very enjoyable chat with both of you!

Dabbler

ersatz engineer
I've been quiet for a few days.. Chris saw her mother twice more (that's good, she's 95), and I got to see a susquatch in his native habitat.... Non stop talking for 3 days! (by both of us) Very generous and gracious hosts. And I got to buy another bargoon!!!

Boy was that a great meetup! I'm sure there will be lots of comments.

Got to see a high school friend in Toronto, and he saved and kept an X_Y vise and a drill press vise from his front lawan. It was headed to the trash or recycle: They both are in perfect shape. (!!!)

I'm in Montreal today. Over 6000km so far! now for a few more visits and a visit by an eclipse (we hope).