• Scam Alert. Members are reminded to NOT send money to buy anything. Don't buy things remote and have it shipped - go get it yourself, pay in person, and take your equipment with you. Scammers have burned people on this forum. Urgency, secrecy, excuses, selling for friend, newish members, FUD, are RED FLAGS. A video conference call is not adequate assurance. Face to face interactions are required. Please report suspicions to the forum admins. Stay Safe - anyone can get scammed.

Craftex Mill/drill, Orangeville, ON $500

RobinHood

Ultra Member
Premium Member
Price is computed on a sq. footage of trailer deck space needed, weight is somewhat of a consideration but usually it is the space needed that dictates.

Yes, that was exactly what determined the price. The weight was somewhat secondary, but they were still interested (I am guessing for floor loading purposes?).

Chicken lights

Forum Pony Express Driver
Yes, that was exactly what determined the price. The weight was somewhat secondary, but they were still interested (I am guessing for floor loading purposes?).
Weight is usually needed for the bill of lading. Not as important if it’s staying in Canada.
Weight probably wouldn’t matter much for small machines, but things like power lift gates or pump carts have their limits.

Heck I delivered a generator to a job site once, they were told it was 4500 pounds, so they only had a little machine to offload it. It actually weighed 4500 kgs!

Tom Kitta

Ultra Member
I did not have to build a crate - it was on a pallet and I just placed some wood 2x4 to protect some buttons and I taken handles off.