• Scam Alert. Members are reminded to NOT send money to buy anything. Don't buy things remote and have it shipped - go get it yourself, pay in person, and take your equipment with you. Scammers have burned people on this forum. Urgency, secrecy, excuses, selling for friend, newish members, FUD, are RED FLAGS. A video conference call is not adequate assurance. Face to face interactions are required. Please report suspicions to the forum admins. Stay Safe - anyone can get scammed.

Craftex Metal Lathe CT089

PiperWatchdog

Hi everyone,

I am looking to sell my father's Craftex CT089 metal lathe (13" x 24"), originally purchased from Busy Bee Tools. Machine was well looked after.

Selling for $1500. I'm located in East Van (Vancouver, BC). Would have to be pick up!

IMG_8373.jpg IMG_8374.jpg IMG_8375.jpg

Thanks!

CWret

Ultra Member
Premium Member
I wish you were in east Toronto instead of east Van.
It would already be in my trailer :)

Tom Kitta

Ultra Member
Damm, that is cheap - I sold my 089 like 7 years ago for over $2000. Today I would easily ask for over $3000.

Too bad you are not selling in April - I may be in Vancouver area then and I would have picked it up to get it to Calgary.

CWret

Ultra Member
Premium Member
Machine was well looked after.
That piece of plywood in the top pic says that X 10.

Real estate often sells for considerably more than the asking price.

PiperWatchdog - keep it plugged in so a buyer can confirm it is fully operational

Blackness

Brand New Member
Hi everyone,

I am looking to sell my father's Craftex CT089 metal lathe (13" x 24"), originally purchased from Busy Bee Tools. Machine was well looked after.

Selling for $1500. I'm located in East Van (Vancouver, BC). Would have to be pick up!

Thanks!

Hi. I am local to Vancouver and would like to buy this lathe if it still available. My phone number is 604.306.0806. Thx.

Last edited by a moderator:

wmetfab

I saw this machine listing and
I responded right away, said I was interested. The person replied a day after I had met Lana on the 28th and said it had sold.
Im sure it went to a good home

Susquatch

Ultra Member
Administrator
Premium Member
I was actually surprised at the new price, that's pretty cheap(on sale anyways)

It is a good price on sale. But I don't think it has power feed. That's a really big feature to give up. It might use the lead screw for lengthwise feed but still no cross-slide. I'd check on that before getting too excited.

Tom Kitta

Ultra Member
It is a good price on sale. But I don't think it has power feed. That's a really big feature to give up. It might use the lead screw for lengthwise feed but still no cross-slide. I'd check on that before getting too excited.

It is a bit "bare bones" lathe - its a repainted 089 lathe I used to have. Motor has been upgraded - and could actually go up to 2hp the original 1hp was anemic.

Change gears. No cross feed and only horizontal feed with lead screw. Few speeds.

Its a good basic lathe.

Price for it was excellent - like free.

CWret

Ultra Member
Premium Member
I was actually surprised at the new price, that's pretty cheap(on sale anyways)
With a quick look, the cx709 looks like a lot of lathe at comparatively less $ - but as said above, they deleted basic things including a threading dial and also everything is powered by the lead screw (no secondary rack)

Last edited: