Craftex Metal Lathe CT089

PiperWatchdog

Hi everyone,

I am looking to sell my father's Craftex CT089 metal lathe (13" x 24"), originally purchased from Busy Bee Tools. Machine was well looked after.

Selling for $1500. I'm located in East Van (Vancouver, BC). Would have to be pick up!

IMG_8373.jpg IMG_8374.jpg IMG_8375.jpg

Thanks!

CWret

Ultra Member
Premium Member
I wish you were in east Toronto instead of east Van.
It would already be in my trailer :)

Tom Kitta

Ultra Member
Damm, that is cheap - I sold my 089 like 7 years ago for over $2000. Today I would easily ask for over $3000.

Too bad you are not selling in April - I may be in Vancouver area then and I would have picked it up to get it to Calgary.

CWret

Ultra Member
Premium Member
Machine was well looked after.
That piece of plywood in the top pic says that X 10.

Real estate often sells for considerably more than the asking price.

PiperWatchdog - keep it plugged in so a buyer can confirm it is fully operational

Blackness

Brand New Member
Hi everyone,

I am looking to sell my father's Craftex CT089 metal lathe (13" x 24"), originally purchased from Busy Bee Tools. Machine was well looked after.

Selling for $1500. I'm located in East Van (Vancouver, BC). Would have to be pick up!

Thanks!

Hi. I am local to Vancouver and would like to buy this lathe if it still available. My phone number is 604.306.0806. Thx.

Last edited by a moderator:

wmetfab

I saw this machine listing and
I responded right away, said I was interested. The person replied a day after I had met Lana on the 28th and said it had sold.
Im sure it went to a good home

Susquatch

Ultra Member
Administrator
Premium Member
I was actually surprised at the new price, that's pretty cheap(on sale anyways)

It is a good price on sale. But I don't think it has power feed. That's a really big feature to give up. It might use the lead screw for lengthwise feed but still no cross-slide. I'd check on that before getting too excited.

Tom Kitta

Ultra Member
It is a good price on sale. But I don't think it has power feed. That's a really big feature to give up. It might use the lead screw for lengthwise feed but still no cross-slide. I'd check on that before getting too excited.

It is a bit "bare bones" lathe - its a repainted 089 lathe I used to have. Motor has been upgraded - and could actually go up to 2hp the original 1hp was anemic.

Change gears. No cross feed and only horizontal feed with lead screw. Few speeds.

Its a good basic lathe.

Price for it was excellent - like free.

CWret

Ultra Member
Premium Member
I was actually surprised at the new price, that's pretty cheap(on sale anyways)
With a quick look, the cx709 looks like a lot of lathe at comparatively less $ - but as said above, they deleted basic things including a threading dial and also everything is powered by the lead screw (no secondary rack)

Last edited: