• Spring 2024 meetup in Calgary - date Saturday, April 20/2024. discussion Please RSVP Here to confirm and get your invitation and the location details. RSVP NOW so organizers can plan to get sufficient food etc. It's Tomorrow Saturday! you can still RSVP until I stop checking my phone tomorrow More info and agenda
  • We are having email/registration problems again. Diagnosis is underway. New users sorry if you are having trouble getting registered. We are exploring different options to get registered. Contact the forum via another member or on facebook if you're stuck. Update -> we think it is fixed. Let us know if not.
  • Spring meet up in Ontario, April 6/2024. NEW LOCATION See Post #31 Discussion AND THE NEW LOCATION
What are these circle thingy's for? Can they unscrew & make up the slider gap, or maybe thats just wishful thinking on my part?
I'm going to try that tomorrow. They are little threaded rings that hold the little spring loaded bearings in place

Sent from my SM-G900W8 using Tapatalk

PeterT

Ultra Member
Premium Member
Ah, now we're getting somewhere. If the springs were seized or missing or whatever, that would explain no tension & sloppy tailstock fit between the verticals. Its not what I would call conventional, but maybe that's the trouble spot. Let us know, now I'm curious.

Ah, now we're getting somewhere. If the springs were seized or missing or whatever, that would explain no tension & sloppy tailstock fit between the verticals. Its not what I would call conventional, but maybe that's the trouble spot. Let us know, now I'm curious.
I will for sure! I'm so glad you guys are helping me out

Sent from my SM-G900W8 using Tapatalk

Tom Kitta

Ultra Member
I second the sketch quality - good job. From pictures I see that extra inch or 1.5'' of tail stock travel is non-issue. Try the little ball with spring things. I owned the lathe for 2 years and didn't see these there - maybe I had slightly different model or simply didn't notice. I sold mine for $1900 with a QCTP and 11 tool holders + some brazed carbide cutters etc.

I cut some time ago a lathe stop where I cut a V into a block of steel. I remember I didn't have just the right angle cutter for the job but it still was very stable.

Tom Kitta

Ultra Member
I got a Boxter (Chinese) BXA. I made tool holders for 3/4 inch tooling which barely fit (some fit some needed work). BXA seems good size for this lathe as her swing is right in the middle of BXA range and the lathe from the top of cross slide to centre is like 25mm - if I remember correctly.

The wedge tool post worked great it is far more sturdy then the lathe itself. But given her weight she is a light duty machine so one cannot expect HD performance.

PeterT

Ultra Member
Premium Member
That's great. So I get the impression the vertical bed surface closer to operator acts as the datum - the ball/spring assembly pushes the tailstock base flush to it & then you clamp in down (vertically) with the tommy bar handle?

Attachments

• 12-10-2016 0000.jpg
    12-10-2016 0000.jpg
    12.1 KB · Views: 2
L

Louis Dusablon

I'm have extra spindle, shafts and some brgs as well as a few gears for the headstock