Calgary & area meet up Spring 2024.

molyknow

Alex
Premium Member
@Janger I know we haven't gotten to the RSVP stage yet but count me in! If you are still looking for volunteers to present, I would like to toss my name in the hat. If there is interest I could throw a decent presentation together on design for 3D printing/3D printing in the home shop. I would talk about the ways 3D printed components and fixtures can be used for repeat operations in the home shop and in a production environment.

Janger

(John)
Administrator
Vendor
@Janger I know we haven't gotten to the RSVP stage yet but count me in! If you are still looking for volunteers to present, I would like to toss my name in the hat. If there is interest I could throw a decent presentation together on design for 3D printing/3D printing in the home shop. I would talk about the ways 3D printed components and fixtures can be used for repeat operations in the home shop and in a production environment.
That would be fantastic Alex! Please do, you're on the agenda. @RobinHood Rudy do you have a big TV we could setup in your shop to show slides and such?

buckbrush

Ok, where is this operation? I can't picture there being a lot of bears in southern AB.
There are Grizzlys routinely snared on the western edge of Calgary every year . They have pretty much killed off all the black bears Around here.

Ed.Lawrence

Premium Member
Hi Calgary and area forum members let's have a meet up. And anyone else who wants to make the trek here. I was thinking it would be nice to have a spring forum get together. Not sure exactly when or where but open to suggestions. Perhaps Saturday March 30/2024 or April 20/2024. I thought where we met last time worked out well. Not volunteering them though!

Check ! √. Rudy! Thank you. We need a location. A shop with space for 30 or 40 would be ideal. Any volunteers? Or we can book the library.
We need a date. March 30/2024, or maybe Saturday April 20/2024. 10AM. to 1PM.
Check! √ Ryan! Thank you. We need a volunteer to organize food - the forum can pay for it. BBQ burgers and smokies?
We need a volunteer or a few to present on some technical topic. 10-20 minutes.
Attendees will need to be members and RSVP - TBA.

Members in other parts of the country - please organize similar events if this is appealing? Forum can probably help out with modest expenses.
i would like to attend as a new member....... I have a lathe, and many steam projects to share.....Ed L

combustable herbage

Ultra Member
Premium Member
I would like to attend April 10, 2024 as a new member....... I have a lathe, and many steam projects to share.... I became aware of your group after selling my welder......Ed L
Your pretty close to being in 2/3 you have the machine you have the projects good start, but we heard no mention of of beers, kinda a stumbling block for some of the members, but I am confident you can recover from this misstep :cool:..

Welcome from Ottawa.

Lazair

I believe the end of march is Easter weekend. Lots of family obligations. I would love to attend if it was held on April 20th

mmcmdl

Machinist/Toolmaker ( retired )
Making plans now but will miss the meeting . July 2-16 in Calgary . Flying out to Great Falls Montana and driving up to Calgary to the son's place . Driving back down to Cheyenne Wyoming for another week or two .

ducdon

Super User
Premium Member
Count me in. I have some small shop and machine related donation items for a sales table. Proceeds to club or event. Looking forward to a good visit,

Chris Cramer

Super User
Vendor
Premium Member
I would definitely attend. If the date remains the same I will try to keep anything else out. I could bring some of my newest knives. I have put quite a bit more into every knife including the laser engraving.